Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping someone here knows WTH is causing this problem. It happens at speeds below 35mph if a road has a small bump or pot hole the brake pedal pops up releasing all brake pressure for a second or two until pressure returns. This has caused me to roll off into the ditch once and roll out into an intersection where another driver had to swerve into their oncoming lane to avoid hitting me. This issue happened before I upgraded the rotors, pads and brake fluid so I suspect it's an issue with the ABS system.

Anyone else experience that too?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll look into that. It's not throwing any codes. The brakes aren't locking up, it's just the pedal pops up and the car loses brakes temporarily. Thankfully this hasn't happened at high speeds during hard braking.

Have you ever even heard of our coupes having this issue from posters here? I've been here for a few years and don't remember ever seeing anyone post about it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
had an almost similar thread to this 2 weeks ago about my 2011 (see 2008-2012 section). now it's completely gone. i also suspected the ABS and how it got probably got air on my brake system.

·
Registered
161 Posts
not sure if it helps, but I am on coilovers lowered and if the wheel starts rubbing due to clearance, it will activate the ABS and stop braking.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe Red is correct. I found this vid below on youtube of a guy with the same problem and the speed sensor was indeed the cause where it needed to be replaced.

I saw in this youtube video that sometimes you can just clean off the sensor tip and scrape off the teeth inside the hub then blast out the debris in there by using an air gun where you don't need to replace the sensor.

Much appreciated Red.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts