Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

This is my first post.

I have a 2010 gen coupe 3.8 auto touring that has the typical problem with d eep vibration starting at about 80MPH. It reduces when accelerating and increases when coasting. The vibration is through the floor and seats but felt in the steering wheel. IT's not a shaking. Some people recomend replacing the rubber couplings at both ends of the driveshaft or propeller. Part number 49130a-3m000. Hyundai wants 400.00 each. I see some online for KIAs at about 125.00 each. And ebay for about 100.00 each.

Where have you guys bought them? Are the cheaper ones the same part?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought these but haven’t installed them yet. https://www.actionmachineinc.com/products/gah04-005?variant=28521728507956
Hello

This is my first post.

I have a 2010 gen coupe 3.8 auto touring that has the typical problem with d eep vibration starting at about 80MPH. It reduces when accelerating and increases when coasting. The vibration is through the floor and seats but felt in the steering wheel. IT's not a shaking. Some people recomend replacing the rubber couplings at both ends of the driveshaft or propeller. Part number 49130a-3m000. Hyundai wants 400.00 each. I see some online for KIAs at about 125.00 each. And ebay for about 100.00 each.

Where have you guys bought them? Are the cheaper ones the same part?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I purchased these as well and had them installed a few months ago on my 2014 3.8. Mechanic mentioned no issues installing them. Five months later I have no complaints.
Were you having any vibration issues? Or were they cracking? Just curious if you noticed any difference after replacing? Im at 125k miles now and have inspected for wear and don't see anything, yet i have a slight hum/vibration above 80 mph.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My gen was at 140K miles when they were changed and I did have a slight vibration go away when they were swapped out. I did not notice any terribly deep fissures, I also didn't do a very thorough inspection. I added them as a maintenance item since I was having a clutch/short throw shifter installed and they were gonna have to drop the driveshaft anyway. Hyundai replaced the shortblock under warranty when I bought the car at 35k mi. Im not sure if they were replaced then or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts