Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 2.0t Premium Coupe, and i want to install laser projection lights like the ones shown below.

I figured the easiest way would be to tap into the courtesy lights, since i only want them to come on when i open the corresponding door. Having done almost no wiring ever, i was curious as to how i would connect the wires to the courtesy light in the door, while having the lights still work. There are very few tutorials on how to install these lights, and look simple. This is what the lights themselves look like.

The kit comes with a drill bit and you just drill a hole in the bottom of your door panel under the courtesy light. I have no idea how to wire really, so i would like some advice as to how i would go about hooking these up to the courtesy lights.

If this is confusing for some of you i understand, sometimes i cant get my message across exactly the way i want with just words. just ask if you need any clarification

Thanks!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Very simple, you would take the black wire and either tap it into another ground wire in the door or the a-pillar(driver side) or just wire it to solid metal on the car like an area where something else is grounded(marked by a bolt with "E" on it). Then take your red wire and tap into the power wire for the courtesy light. Let me know if you need more details or more help :) Also where'd you get these?

·
Registered
711 Posts
i saw those online somewhere too.
let me know how you like it, I was thinking about getting them or other flood light under the door

·
Registered
10 Posts
Any updates as into where you can get a pair of these and also, on the 2.0t without the courtesy light, how could I install this ?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have a 2012 R-Spec and did this a while ago. Run your POS to pin #8 on your Power Window Motor connector (BAT). Run the NEG to pin #14 on the same connector. This NEG is triggered by the door switch and will turn the lights on and off. Lights will be on with the door open and off with them closed. Do the same to the other side. For 2010-12 without a lighted door reflector, one can use the same wiring to light them up. I posted earlier all the part numbers needed to convert, using the 2013 parts. Inexpensive at your local dealer. I'd recommend that all connections be soldered and shrink sealed.

·
Registered
119 Posts
care to link the source where you got these? I saw something similar for gen sedan, but it snapped into the mirror bottoms, looked like an existing location - they were also hideously pricey...

Why is it easy to find a texas bulls or superman logo one, but impossible to find the genesis logo?!

·
Registered
214 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts