Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

101 - 120 of 191 Posts

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
I will get them for sure. Now please also make a tranny mount!! Those look sick, but expensive.
+1.............getting these for sure; 60 duro, also want tranny mount for 2.0t

Looks great! Let's see that trans mount ;)
+1............

I'd be interested in the 60 duro mounts for the 3.8....... I need them yesterday.
+1...........60 duro for 2.0t like yesterday

Damn, I was hoping they wouldn't be that much. But they look super nice being CNC machined aluminum. Do you think you can get a tranny mount available at the same time to add as a package deal?
+1.........up for the pkg deal

·
Registered
241 Posts
When v6 is available, can we please get a group buy?
Any way to tell exactly how much vibration the 60 generates? My gens a DD but the engine and tranny flex drives me nuts when I shift, so I wouldn't mind some cabin/shifter vibration in exchange for a smooth shift.

·
제네시스 쿠페
1,070 Posts
75 weeee~~~~

i waits

·
Torque Junky
1,643 Posts
I am going to need every bit of these 60's ! I will be testing these with my 650+hp setup. Any updates D?

·
475whp 93/545whp Q16 SAE
1,096 Posts
When v6 is available, can we please get a group buy?
Any way to tell exactly how much vibration the 60 generates? My gens a DD but the engine and tranny flex drives me nuts when I shift, so I wouldn't mind some cabin/shifter vibration in exchange for a smooth shift.
I'll have to take some close up videos of different parts vibrating when my car is running. Mostly things seem to vibrate at idle, once you get moving it's actually not really that noticeable. I would still not recommend the 60-durometer mounts for a DD based on what the majority of people want in a DD. Personally, I would have no problem DD'ing the 60-durometer mounts I have, but I came from a completely-solid-everything Civic hatchback so I may not be the best person to ask.

To provide a little more review on the Cp-e mounts, I've had the chance to drive the car a few times now on the road and there is NO slop in the shifter nor are there any "wierd" driveline noises (minus for the normal twin disk noises, but those aren't mount-related). The car feels immensely more composed than it did before and the sense of numbness from what is really going on with the engine/drivetrain is pretty much completely gone. I have been extremely happy with the motion control the Cp-e mounts provide, I have some exhaust components that sit relatively close to the passenger side fuse box and battery and those parts have not come in contact AT ALL! When these mounts do come out, you guys will NOT be disappointed with which ever set you choose. I can't wait for the trans mount, that will really complete the package!

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
I'll have to take some close up videos of different parts vibrating when my car is running. Mostly things seem to vibrate at idle, once you get moving it's actually not really that noticeable. I would still not recommend the 60-durometer mounts for a DD based on what the majority of people want in a DD. Personally, I would have no problem DD'ing the 60-durometer mounts I have, but I came from a completely-solid-everything Civic hatchback so I may not be the best person to ask.

To provide a little more review on the Cp-e mounts, I've had the chance to drive the car a few times now on the road and there is NO slop in the shifter nor are there any "wierd" driveline noises (minus for the normal twin disk noises, but those aren't mount-related). The car feels immensely more composed than it did before and the sense of numbness from what is really going on with the engine/drivetrain is pretty much completely gone. I have been extremely happy with the motion control the Cp-e mounts provide, I have some exhaust components that sit relatively close to the passenger side fuse box and battery and those parts have not come in contact AT ALL! When these mounts do come out, you guys will NOT be disappointed with which ever set you choose. I can't wait for the trans mount, that will really complete the package!
You know me & you know what I want from my car. I was thinking 60 durometer, but I respect your advise & you have these installed already. Should I back down to 45 durometer? This car is my DD/WW right now, but will become full time race car in about 3-5 years. Power will remain stock & gradually climb to around 450whp & maybe peak a little over 500whp on race gas. So what do you think?

·
I keep it dirty and nerdy
1,525 Posts
CPE, let me know if you need another 2.0 tester. I autocross my genesis regularly now as well as D.D. Stock class is pretty limited in the way of mods, so these are right up my alley. Willing to buy a set of tester mounts- either way I'm on the list for buyers when it goes to market.

:cool:

·
107 Posts
One of the best things I ever did for my last car was get poly urethane motor mounts. Consider me in for a set of 60s as soon as they're available.

·
475whp 93/545whp Q16 SAE
1,096 Posts
You know me & you know what I want from my car. I was thinking 60 durometer, but I respect your advise & you have these installed already. Should I back down to 45 durometer? This car is my DD/WW right now, but will become full time race car in about 3-5 years. Power will remain stock & gradually climb to around 450whp & maybe peak a little over 500whp on race gas. So what do you think?
If you're ultimately going after that kind of power, I would recommend the 60 durometer mounts, especially with lots of track use. I can imagine once I get the chance to give the mounts in my car a good "workout" they will soften slightly. Like I said, it shakes a bit at idle but once you're moving it's nearly not even noticeable.

·
This is for the A$$ Men..
500 Posts
Any status update???

Also what would the stock mount rate duro wise. In other words how much stiffer are the 45 and 60, compared to stock???

Thanks.... I'm looking forward to these and the Tranny mounts!!!

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I spoke with CP-E the other day and was told they are at least 2 months out.

101 - 120 of 191 Posts