Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

121 - 140 of 191 Posts

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
I'm definately getting these & the price sounds very reasonable. I just hope my funds arrive in time to get the discount price.

I also will be getting your intake the next time it is on sale.

·
475whp 93/545whp Q16 SAE
1,096 Posts
I've had the chance to put some drive time on these mounts now and I'm still really impressed. The motion control that they provide is excellent! I have some areas where there is very little clearance between aftermarket parts and surrounding engine bay peripherals and they have made NO contact whatsoever! I would like to re-iterate again thought that the 65-durometer mounts are not suitable for a DD IMO, they generate a bit of vibration. That being said, anyone who is serious about track racing, drifting, road racing, etc and wants to push the limits of the factory motor and beyond, this is the first step towards making every bolt on and other modification shine to it's fullest extent. The twist that the OE mounts exhibit is WASTING power by it's torque vectoring-nature and the OE mounts will only get softer throughout their lifetime. I personally wouldn't put a price cap on good motor mounts for this car, they make that much of a difference! Also, consider that these are COMPLETE replacements and not inserts so there is quite a bit more thought, time, and investment that has to go into generating such a product.

Dmitriy, I still need some vinyls or something from you guys! Also, hows the work on the trans mounts going? I'll be waiting patiently for those to come out to complete my driveline system mount replacement!

·
Knows some stuff...
6,852 Posts
I am thinking about possibly getting the 45's, but after wear and tear, wil the 45's be too weak and turn into a 30? Should I 'tollerate" the 60's for a little bit, until they break in and act more like 50's? Though from that video, it seems like the stocker are more like a 7 as compared to te 45's.

Are there plans for a engine/trans/diff mount group sale? When/if they come out.... Maybe I am way off, but I imagine they are similar and easier to make now that you have a basic mock up of the motor mounts?

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
I am thinking about possibly getting the 45's, but after wear and tear, wil the 45's be too weak and turn into a 30? Should I 'tollerate" the 60's for a little bit, until they break in and act more like 50's? Though from that video, it seems like the stocker are more like a 7 as compared to te 45's.

Are there plans for a engine/trans/diff mount group sale? When/if they come out.... Maybe I am way off, but I imagine they are similar and easier to make now that you have a basic mock up of the motor mounts?
+1....I'm afraid the 45s won't be enough for what I have planned, but the 60s will be a little stiff initially.

·
Genesis Engineering | PR
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
121 - 140 of 191 Posts