Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

161 - 180 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Can someone tell me, if these are going to help minimize the vibration of the car when stopped at a light on first gear? I always find myself putting the car on Neutral when stopped at a light. I have an Auto.

If it does reduce the annoying vibration I will definitely buy these.

·
Registered
196 Posts
If you have these installed, have you found any way to eliminate the heavy droning at 3200+ rpms. I can not seem to isolate the cause.

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
Which bolts are you talking about? Yes, all bolts are tightened. Torqued to 70 ft/lbs. Do you recommend any different torque?
70 ft/lbs is about what I've got mine at, but haven't test driven yet. :(

·
Genesis Engineering | PR
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Which bolts are you talking about? Yes, all bolts are tightened. Torqued to 70 ft/lbs. Do you recommend any different torque?
On the 2.0 there are two different lenghts.. check to see if the passenger side bolt may be touching the bushing housing so then the engine is riding on the alumum.

If thats the case - swap the bolts from driver to pass - as they are differnt lenghts - the shorter bolt goes on the pass.

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
On the 2.0 there are two different lenghts.. check to see if the passenger side bolt may be touching the bushing housing so then the engine is riding on the alumum.

If thats the case - swap the bolts from driver to pass - as they are differnt lenghts - the shorter bolt goes on the pass.
If that don't work, inspect & measure bolts to confirm they are of the correct length.....a few CP-e engine mount kits got out with the wrong bolts & I had to trim my driver's side bolt .5" in order for it to fit. Since then CP-e has corrected the issue on current shipments & offered to send out the proper hardware to those with this concern. I had already trimmed the bolt & stated it was not necessary in my case. JFYI

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have the correct bolts installed. I checked this and I can slide a fairly thick shim thru the opening between the puck and the housing. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I went to install the mounts the other day and it just ended up becoming a pain, any one have tips on install, we found it very difficult to get to the bolts on top to get them out. I don't want to return the mounts but that's what I'm looking at doing right now because I do not want to pay a shop 300+ bucks to install.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The drivers side bolt just seems to be tucked in pretty well, did you have to remove anything from the top to get to the bolts?

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you have these installed, have you found any way to eliminate the heavy droning at 3200+ rpms. I can not seem to isolate the cause.
To me, the Genesis has some drone around 4,000 RPM with factory mounts and stock exhaust. The cp-e mounts make the drone a good bit louder. Perhaps engine noise getting more coupled to the frame? I no longer think the exhaust is the cause. A louder after-market exhaust may mask the drone but I don't know.

If either of the bolts with the cp-e mounts are too long, it would impact the mounts. The vibration you then get is horrendous. Must be like having a solid mount. It really points out how much vibration the 2.0T has and explains the soft factory mounts. I suggest shorter bolts or extra washers under the bolt head so that the bolts only extend out the bottom of the aluminum puck by one thread - lots of clearance.

For the top bolts on the factory mounts I agree, go from the top with a 3/8" drive socket, multiple lengths of extensions and a good universal joint. On the turbo side, I had to put the u-joint and socket onto the bolt, then attach the extension around the hard lines. Break the bolt loose, remove the socket and then take the bolt out by hand.

I had the cp-e mounts in and out twice so I got pretty decent at it. Getting the steering rack bolts threaded back in is very tough. Overall, not an easy job but with two people and the right tools it can be done.

Having said all of that, I now have an SFR damper on order and will write up a comparison.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I guess I'll give it another shot just got annoying during install and got fed up.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Unfortunately I haven't had the time to try to install again, work has been crazy lately. Hopefully I can get these on soon.

161 - 180 of 191 Posts