Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i had a thread about the 7ism exhaust and all day i been thinking of the cp-e exhaust. i might go thise route bc its a few hundred cheaper and looks pretty sweet. now my ? is i was just on genracer and i seen they offer this with out mufflers which is straight pipes right ? is anyone running that ? also if it is straight pipes should i do this or get the mufflers? i want a clean loud sound thanks guys

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
2 threads for the same question? Really?

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
CPE full TBE with no cats/resonators is pretty loud, a little louder than mine. Without mufflers I'd think it may be a little too loud. Also, if your going to buy an exhaust that is just straight pipe, just have one made yourself...

·
Premium Member
76,154 Posts
I'm running the cp-e without resonators and it has a great tone. That's what I suggest.

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
kamkaze, I'm also looking @ the cp-e.

As far as the resonators, can they be installed after the fact? or are they welded into place? I ask cause I wanna try sans the resonators but I want the ability to order a set should I discover it's too loud.

·
Premium Member
76,154 Posts
I guess you could buy them from cp-e and have them welded in if it's too loud.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
kamkaze, I'm also looking @ the cp-e.

As far as the resonators, can they be installed after the fact? or are they welded into place? I ask cause I wanna try sans the resonators but I want the ability to order a set should I discover it's too loud.
Mine is welded in, when I was asking questions while buying the CBE I was told the resonator would remove any rasp. I really like mine, glad I chose CP-e. If you do go with CP-e get some of these...Amazon.com: 2-1/2" Torctite Preformed Exhaust Lap Joint Clamp, Brushed Stainless Steel: Automotive

·
mmmmmmmmatte black
6,523 Posts
Thanks man! Not to derail this thread but I wouldn't loose faith in ARK just yet... I'd wait to see some solid and thorough visual data, testing, and more before I'd write them off. Explanations and proof are still yet to be presented from either side so I recommend reserving judgment until both sides have brought what they've got to the table ;)

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
says the ARK Vendor lol
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I tend to want the opinions of people who are not "vendors of" or "sponsored by" a certain company. It's not that what they are saying isn't true, it's more what else would they say but good things about products they sell or are sponsored by.

It just wouldn't look right if they came out and said..." I'm sponsored by or I sell products from XXXXXX company and their stuff is crap" :rofl:

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well i told jules i would take the ark exhaust before i seen all the comments lol i m going to give it a try since it is a turbo back and if i dont like it i ll sell it. its a good deal i cant really pass up

·
mmmmmmmmatte black
6,523 Posts
says the ARK Vendor lol
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I tend to want the opinions of people who are not "vendors of" or "sponsored by" a certain company. It's not that what they are saying isn't true, it's more what else would they say but good things about products they sell or are sponsored by.

It just wouldn't look right if they came out and said..." I'm sponsored by or I sell products from XXXXXX company and their stuff is crap" :rofl:

I think I do a pretty good job when it comes to giving honest opinions on products whether I sell them or not. You can ask anybody who has done business with Havoc that my sales approach is anything but pushy and one sided! Since day 1 with Havoc my main objective has been to support and provide enthusiasts with products and service that I would like to receive myself! I am just as much an enthusiast myself as I am a business owner.

Yes, I am an authorized ARK vendor but I also carry competing exhausts from HKS, Greddy, Injen, Agency Power, DC Sports, ATP, Megan, Tomei, MXP, and although not directly, I am able to get my hands on cp-e and Turbo XS products for customers.

No where did I say that either party was right, all I did was invite people to be open enough to reserve such harsh judgment until solid and unarguable proof is presented :dunno:

I didn't come into this thread pushing ARK products or trying to convince anybody that what they make is superior to any other manufacturer. All I did was suggest that people reserve judgment until all the facts are on the table.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Jules may be a vendor but he isn't siding with anyone yet, he's just selling stuff at good prices. I was the test car and got it for free and I am not taking sides yet either. Unfortunately 90% of the forum has, due to personal reasons or bandwagoning.

Complainer hasn't shown any evidence about the power loss or it being too quieter than the 85 db stated on the ARK site for the cat-back. ARK hasn't given any scientific evidence about what the secondary canister really does and that the hole size/irregularity makes any difference. And really I don't think we'll actually get any evidence from either side.

Anyways, mine with DP + TP + cat-back it tops out at 96db consistantly w/98db spiking (95db is Cali law). Good amount of sound with a good tone but it seems like you want more. Not sure how much the catless O2 housing would add to the db. I don't think anyone has tested the db on the cp-e exhaust and I don't think anyone out my way has the cp-e exhaust so I can't tell you the difference in sound.

edit:// ah, Jules got his post in. And I've never bought anything from Havoc, so I'm not taking their side either. heh

1 - 20 of 59 Posts