Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Captain Awesomesauce
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I think this is my 3rd exhaust sale thread but the last two were feelers to just judge the interest. I've finally found an exhaust I wanted and am ready to get rid of my CP-E stuff.

The downpipe is absolutely brand new in box (just opened to check the bungs and stuff) with High-Flow metal cat.

The catback has no resonator or mufflers. It's very loud and aggressive. I've never gotten a ticket or even pulled over for it and I get compliments (hopefully sincere) from everyone. It's not new though. It's been on the car for 1 year but I was unemployed for most of last year so it's only seen about 15K (maybe 20K) KM. I've also ditched the crappy CP-E clamps and upgraded to Walker 3" and 2.5" lap-joint band clamps.

I'll try to post pictures of the downpipe tonight.

I was looking for $1200 for both. I also have DEI Titanium 2"x50' Exhaust Wrap with Lava Rock Technology as well as the Thermal spray stuff if you're interested in it too. I'll also help you install it if you want (for a 6-pack of decent beer).

·
Captain Awesomesauce
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No interest at all? Is the price too high?

·
Registered
78 Posts
i hear ya man, the pinch is killing me as well hopefully we generate some buzz on this thread and get more ppl to take a look and possibly buy...... good luck.

·
Captain Awesomesauce
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The DP is bnib with a HFC. $25 of clamps, $65 of exhaust wrap and spray, and I'll help with installation (for $20 worth of beer, which I'd share). The DP is $600 brand new after taxes and I thought $600 for the CBE was pretty decent.

EDIT:Me too, that's why I need to sell it.

·
Captain Awesomesauce
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I live in Scarborough but if you wanted help installing, all of my tools are in Guelph.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
$600 is a good price for a CP-E catback exhaust. The downpipe is a little high and most people want to buy a catless downpipe.

·
Captain Awesomesauce
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What about $500 for the downpipe and $700 for the catback? I got the one with the cat cuz I don't want to be swapping them on and off for emissions.

EDIT: I just meant it is $600 brand new from the store (after HST, not including shipping bla bla bla). Also, isn't it illegal to run without cats?

·
Captain Awesomesauce
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's an awesome price. I think I paid $900 for the CBE. I'll keep you in mind (I'd rather get rid of it all at once) if I find someone that wants the downpipe. Are you coming to MegaSpeed tonight?

·
Captain Awesomesauce
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anyone interested in just the downpipe?

·
Captain Awesomesauce
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You want the wrap and the spray cowcow or just the downpipe?

·
Captain Awesomesauce
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How's $500 for the DP?

·
Captain Awesomesauce
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How's $1100? $600 for the catback and $500 for the downpipe?

·
SoFla GenCoupe
1,353 Posts
500 for a DP is pricey man.. i know you want to get as much back as possible but you gotta remember not everyone wants cats... cats are actually turbo killers, wayyy to restrictive. i know its a HFC but 90% of ppl in the modding game prefer catless. nonetheless, glws

·
Captain Awesomesauce
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
True, but up here it's illegal to run without cats so for those of us that don't want to be swapping them out for fines or to pass emissions, this is perfect. Plus my catback doesn't have a resonator or muffler so it's already loud. Personally I think a pure straight-pipe on a 4-banger is too dirty, but that's just my opinion.

EDIT: Also, My DP is brand new in box, never used and only touched twice. Once to check how many bungs came with it and once to take photos. After tax and everything, they're $600 and change. Shortly after I bought it Aaron at Weirtech released a bunch of exhausts and I want one of his now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts