Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and seen that it can be pulled off. I really want to get the CPE FMIC but don't know how hard its going to be to actually install it. Does or has anybody pulled this off on the auto's and if so what was the difficulty level for moving the trans cooler. Also any DIY pics would be great really looking to do this soon.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I remember someone here saying that they had put an FMIC on their auto, don't remember whether it was CP-E or another brand, and I don't remember how they did it either. I do know that BR is going to be coming out with some sort of solution to this problem in the next few months though as they are working on staged upgrades for the A/Ts... it may be a good bet to wait and see what they come out with.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Should be possible. You'll probably have to move the transcooler back and underneath the radiator. The new IC would go where the transcooler used to be, either underneath the crash bar or in that same space depending on how big the core is. That seems like what everyone else is doing.

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I remember someone here saying that they had put an FMIC on their auto, don't remember whether it was CP-E or another brand, and I don't remember how they did it either. I do know that BR is going to be coming out with some sort of solution to this problem in the next few months though as they are working on staged upgrades for the A/Ts... it may be a good bet to wait and see what they come out with.
Thanks I will def wait to see if they come out with something that would make it easier and less of an issue!

·
Registered
187 Posts
2.0T A/T Trans Cooler - air bubbles in line?
^^search this..has pics and some tips too

·
Registered
26 Posts
I did it and it is not easy at all. I purchased the FICR and the FMIC back on 5 August 2010. I waited for CP-E to send me all the parts to install everything together; 15 Jan 2011 is when I received everything. I have the CP-E intake and I assumed all would go together just fine, NOPE. The transmission cooler needs to be relocated and that is not too tough as I installed it just behind the FMIC using some of the same mounts (I have pictures but the site keeps asking for the HTTP: I have them located at; tell me how to upload and I will). The FICR is nice and the power steering cooler goes right into place with all supplied by CP-E. The oil cooler is another issue. I purchased the sandwich adapter form 240SX ( cost ~ $100) but the fittings are the wrong size to connect to the ones supplied by CP-E. I went to an American Hot Rod shop (they looked down at me when I told them is was a Hyundai) and I purchase the correct fittings for ~ $120 (-10AN). CP-E tells you that you need to get an adapter so I was aware of that. I installed the front driving lights from the DIY on this website, they look AWESOME. I purchased an upgraded radiator but found out later that it does not have the A/T lines in it (anyone want to buy it?) The FMIC went is OK, just a little fitment, so I you upgrade the FMIC alone; no big deal. If you add all I did, I can tell you what I did and send you pictures. I like the quality of CP-E and I will wait for other stuff from them; oh yea, the BOV will not work and I have talked with Dimity about it, he is talking with TiAl but that was a week ago. I have a Forge BOV that is working fine, just upgrading for the future turbo.
The car seems like it was constipated before and now I can really blow some stuff out!!! It did make a difference but I did it with the anticipation of an upgraded turbo.

·
Round 3
929 Posts
Not sure that this guys talking about ^. I have had 3 different fmic setups (AMS,CX Racing, and now AEM) on my auto all were fairly simple. Just unbolt the trans cooler and move it. Not sure what its so hard about it??

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Sounded like he had some headaches moving the oil cooler and a new radiator. Said moving the transcooler was pretty easy and the power steering was no problem. Heh.

·
Round 3
929 Posts
Apparently the cp-e has something to do with the oil cooler? Never heard of anyone messing with it

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Apparently the cp-e has something to do with the oil cooler? Never heard of anyone messing with it
CP-E sells both an "FicR" and an "FMIC". The FicR apparently comes from the idea that removing the factory intercooler will leave the radiator unsupported. This is their solution to that problem. The FicR presumably provides a mount for the radiator as well as hardware to mount the power steering and oil cooler in this spot. I think this is what he had issues with. I'm guessing the FicR wasn't designed with moving the ATs transcooler into the same spot... The FMIC moves the power steering, but the FicR moves the oil cooler and the power steering. From their website:

The replacement mount also incorporates mounts for various coolers to take advantage of the open space: a power steering cooler and an oil cooler.

·
Registered
26 Posts
CP-E sells both an "FicR" and an "FMIC". The FicR apparently comes from the idea that removing the factory intercooler will leave the radiator unsupported. This is their solution to that problem. The FicR presumably provides a mount for the radiator as well as hardware to mount the power steering and oil cooler in this spot. I think this is what he had issues with. I'm guessing the FicR wasn't designed with moving the ATs transcooler into the same spot... The FMIC moves the power steering, but the FicR moves the oil cooler and the power steering. From their website:
Yes, CP-E made the Ficr hold the coolers but not the transmission cooler. There are a couple bumps along the way with the install; CP-E instructions are not very good at all but this website DIY's and others experience is what helps. The products fit with a little nudging and the downpipe from the turbo to the intercooler runs into the transmission line on the radiator and where it is bracketed to the frame. The powersteering lines along with the transmission cooler lines make it a small area to place the intercooler pipe from the intercooler to the throttle body.

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did it and it is not easy at all. I purchased the FICR and the FMIC back on 5 August 2010. I waited for CP-E to send me all the parts to install everything together; 15 Jan 2011 is when I received everything. I have the CP-E intake and I assumed all would go together just fine, NOPE. The transmission cooler needs to be relocated and that is not too tough as I installed it just behind the FMIC using some of the same mounts (I have pictures but the site keeps asking for the HTTP: I have them located at; tell me how to upload and I will). The FICR is nice and the power steering cooler goes right into place with all supplied by CP-E. The oil cooler is another issue. I purchased the sandwich adapter form 240SX ( cost ~ $100) but the fittings are the wrong size to connect to the ones supplied by CP-E. I went to an American Hot Rod shop (they looked down at me when I told them is was a Hyundai) and I purchase the correct fittings for ~ $120 (-10AN). CP-E tells you that you need to get an adapter so I was aware of that. I installed the front driving lights from the DIY on this website, they look AWESOME. I purchased an upgraded radiator but found out later that it does not have the A/T lines in it (anyone want to buy it?) The FMIC went is OK, just a little fitment, so I you upgrade the FMIC alone; no big deal. If you add all I did, I can tell you what I did and send you pictures. I like the quality of CP-E and I will wait for other stuff from them; oh yea, the BOV will not work and I have talked with Dimity about it, he is talking with TiAl but that was a week ago. I have a Forge BOV that is working fine, just upgrading for the future turbo.
The car seems like it was constipated before and now I can really blow some stuff out!!! It did make a difference but I did it with the anticipation of an upgraded turbo.
Yea man if you could just PM the pics if you can. So if I just get the FMIC all I will have to do is relocate the Trans Cooler right not mess with the Oil cooler and all the other stuff???

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you get just the FMIC, you will get the support to remove your old intercooler and place in the mount from CP-E. You can add in the other coolers if you so desire later on. If you go to the post "2.0T A/T Trans Cooler - air bubbles in line?" and look at the pictures from Majictib, that is exactly where I relocated mine to. I will try to PM some pics to you just in case.
Good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts