Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have installed the cpe intake for prob about 3 or so months now and honestly i cant tell much of a difference as far as gains. The car def sounds better but i doubt it gets 15whp like it claims cant tell that much as far as gains.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
holy **** ur box was eating away some of the bay it seems like.. one of the tubes that connects to the front also doesnt connect all the way idk how to explain it theres a 1 inch gap in between its not the inlet hoses.. i think its the oem scoop if im not mistaken..

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
hey guys, i have installed the cpe intake for prob about 3 or so months now and honestly i cant tell much of a difference as far as gains. The car def sounds better but i doubt it gets 15whp like it claims cant tell that much as far as gains.
I wouldn't trust anyone that told me they could tell a peak 15 whp gain on a 200 horse power car. It falls into that "I kinda feel it" area if people are honest about it.

Especially when we all know this is probably the best dyno run they could get so its not always going to contribute that much.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
I wouldn't trust anyone that told me they could tell a peak 15 whp gain on a 200 horse power car. It falls into that "I kinda feel it" area if people are honest about it.

Especially when we all know this is probably the best dyno run they could get so its not always going to contribute that much.
I'm kinda of doubtful of the 15whp gains as well since my baseline, with the CP-E intake, was REALLY close to everyone else's bone stock baselines. If I did pick up 15whp from the intake my car was one of the worst performing cars stock.

·
301 whp
1,102 Posts
Too many threads from too many cars in too many forums. The consensus is maybe 7 to 10, and sometimes worse than stock. Some people swear by it, based on dyno claims. I had one and sold it after two weeks. but each car has the potential to perform differently, plus driving style can be a factor. Makes for good controversy though, so the debate will continue. A lot just comes down to an innovative design which allows one to customize their car. For SRI's and CAI's, a tube is a tube. Give equal diameter, and filter flow capacity, there will be negligible difference in power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts