Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1901 - 1907 of 1907 Posts

·
CanyonCarver
32 Posts
haha, were you in the gen? I usually try to slow down for gens or i'll rev at them. I see a few of them around the upland/rancho area but none of them respond back.
Yeah I was in a black gen lol! You were in the carpool lane and there was some slight traffic. Dude your plates stand out bro, it was like me seeing a damn movie star when I saw them hahaha!

·
Cone Killa
375 Posts
Been away from the GC scene for a while (used to have a BK1 3.8) and am entertaining the thought of getting a BK1 2.0T in the future. I'm wondering if a better tuning solution surfaced for these cars? I remember SFR and BTR, as well as PowerAxel, to a lesser extent, being the virtually sole options for tuning, whether it be a canned tune or traveling directly to one of their shops or their traveling tune events.

Other cars are fortunate to have solutions where you just buy the handheld and can load a base map and then go have it tuned by your local professional to have a tune fitted specifically for your car and conditions. I'm wondering if the GC now has something like that.

I know these 2.0Ts really wake up with a tune and can be really lacking on the stock tune, so I'm just trying to get as much info as possible. Thanks in advance!

·
3point8 Performance
2,620 Posts
Been away from the GC scene for a while (used to have a BK1 3.8) and am entertaining the thought of getting a BK1 2.0T in the future. I'm wondering if a better tuning solution surfaced for these cars? I remember SFR and BTR, as well as PowerAxel, to a lesser extent, being the virtually sole options for tuning, whether it be a canned tune or traveling directly to one of their shops or their traveling tune events.

Other cars are fortunate to have solutions where you just buy the handheld and can load a base map and then go have it tuned by your local professional to have a tune fitted specifically for your car and conditions. I'm wondering if the GC now has something like that.

I know these 2.0Ts really wake up with a tune and can be really lacking on the stock tune, so I'm just trying to get as much info as possible. Thanks in advance!
Lot of changes since then. Alphaspeed has been doing remote tunes for about a year now and SFR is about to start. BTR says they will have a handheld by 2020. Lap3 discontinued the hendheld project after they were acquired just like Diablo did hen they were acquired. Sources tell me Lap3 was super close and was only held back by some data logging issues on the BK2 3.8 but don't know is that was the only thing.

Tunes are getting a lot better as well. BTR and SFR can now tune the TCU (except for the ZF trans, sorry).

Edit: There are a few other companies that have started up as well. I forget the name of it, but there is a guy on here who started doing them and so far I've heard good things, but I don't think he's done enough for me to personally recommend him.

·
Cone Killa
375 Posts
Lot of changes since then. Alphaspeed has been doing remote tunes for about a year now and SFR is about to start. BTR says they will have a handheld by 2020. Lap3 discontinued the hendheld project after they were acquired just like Diablo did hen they were acquired. Sources tell me Lap3 was super close and was only held back by some data logging issues on the BK2 3.8 but don't know is that was the only thing.

Tunes are getting a lot better as well. BTR and SFR can now tune the TCU (except for the ZF trans, sorry).

Edit: There are a few other companies that have started up as well. I forget the name of it, but there is a guy on here who started doing them and so far I've heard good things, but I don't think he's done enough for me to personally recommend him.
Gotcha, just read up on this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4IqojuowFo-S3ZkdmstV0ppNVU/view

I actually have a Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 laying around. AlphaSpeed's FB says $500 for an initial remote tune, which isn't too bad. They also mention TeamViewer. Any idea what that is?

Any idea on how those Lap3 Uncle chips are holding up? Not sure how they exactly work, but I remember people raving about them, saying they really wake up the 2.0Ts. I'm not after big power, so I may go that route since it's more affordable, but only if it's a good product.

Edit: Can you also expand on the TCU tuning? I really know nothing about that.

Edit 2: The Lap3 Uncle chip is $600, LOL. **** that. It would be a decent mod if it were more affordable, but at that price, may as well go with the remote tune.

·
3point8 Performance
2,620 Posts
Stay away from the uncle chip.

TCU = transmission controller.

Team Viewer is a screen sharing service (https://www.teamviewer.us/downloads/) they'll use it to remote connect to your laptop and tune your setup that way.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,470 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went the UpRev direction. I really enjoyed the readout comparisons and watching the process. Now I am adding cruise control and stereo controls to my base 2007. It allows you switch “modes” / ROMs and is extremely easy to DIY. It actually started a whole bunch of upgrades because of the basic tune, but I think I won’t be done until the next one.
Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.1.1

1901 - 1907 of 1907 Posts