Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,046 Posts
Yes. If you have a bent valve it will be really low. I've seen some where they hit the piston and bend the valve but the piston other than the marks are still OK. If they hit real hard, ruin the piston, then you need to worry about the rod bearing too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hello again, I got the timing cover off and from what I can see turning the motor by hand everything seems to be in good condition.. the timing chain def skipped teeth it was loose af.. and the tensioner was all the way out.. it looks like the previous owner or the car lot I got it from was already in there at some point. Where do yall do yalls shopping for timing kits and such. I found some with what I assume is the original chain but I obviously need the bk2 chain. I found a kit which let's you choose the upgraded chain but it's 300$.. compared to others without the upgraded chain at 150$. Just curious if you guys know of a place to shop that I don't.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,046 Posts
Hello again, I got the timing cover off and from what I can see turning the motor by hand everything seems to be in good condition.. the timing chain def skipped teeth it was loose af.. and the tensioner was all the way out.. it looks like the previous owner or the car lot I got it from was already in there at some point. Where do yall do yalls shopping for timing kits and such. I found some with what I assume is the original chain but I obviously need the bk2 chain. I found a kit which let's you choose the upgraded chain but it's 300$.. compared to others without the upgraded chain at 150$. Just curious if you guys know of a place to shop that I don't.
Might try this place for the BK2 chain in BK1 motor. Gencoupe Store

21 - 25 of 25 Posts