Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everybody,
I'm italian and owners of genesis coupe 2.0T 2011 year with manual transmission and push button. I read some threads but I don't find any solution.
My car is bifuel, gasoline and lpg, I have problem with gasoline ignition. I check the the fuel pump and work it, five second and stop , I check the fuel line and the fuel is present , I unmount the injection rail and test and clean the injectors and they work fine. If I start the car in lpg mode the engine start soon without problem, some times in gasoline mode start but the engine stalling/esitating on idle and if I accelerate the car stalling until it turn off. The car no have error code , I scan it by scantool odb and with the diagnosis oem software
Any advice ?

work carried out on the car:

• new Fuel pressure regulator
  • new Fuel pump
  • new Crank shaft position sensor
  • injections rails test and cleaned
  • PCV valve test and cleaned
  • new canister purge solenoid.
Update 11/12:
I have checked the spark coming out from spark plug and seems ok, I have checked the voltage for the connector and injector pulse and I have 12V from one wire and 4 volt from other wire
Any advice ?

·
Premium Member
15,457 Posts
Maybe it's the switch for switching it from lpg to gasoline.

First time I've heard of a gasoline/lpg genesis.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe it's the switch for switching it from lpg to gasoline.

First time I've heard of a gasoline/lpg genesis.
Hi, the lpg switch not is a proble, my lpg kit can be excluded from fuse, the problem is gasoline, seems like that immobilizer or anything else stop the engine ignition. I try other key and out the smart key in the key fob but nothing the engine crank without ignition.

In italy the lpg conversion is much convenient becouse we have a stupid and expensive tax on the power of car, if you run gasoline or disel the tax is around 3 euro each kw but if you car is with low pollution the tax is halved

·
Premium Member
15,457 Posts
If the engine cranks, then it's likely not the immobilizer.

What happens normally if it was the immobilizer is:
no cranking at all
KEY OUT light flashing on the dash

EDIT: Maybe something not letting the fuel pump turning on?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
EDIT: Maybe something not letting the fuel pump turning on?
the pump start and I have fuel pressure for five second before the fuel pressure drop down. Seems I fixed it , I tried to bypass the fuel tank pressure sensor and now the car start but sometimes, around 1 on 10 crank without ignition. I purchase a new fuel tank pressure sensor and in this week it will arrive.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update, I solved it, the problem was the fuel tank pressure sensor, despite failure it was not recognized by the ecu

1 - 6 of 6 Posts