Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so above all else, the one thing I want to be able to do in my GC is to smoke away any mustang on the road.. They are a dime a dozen out here where I live and they annoy the crap out of me. Not to say that the mustang isn't a good car.. I'm just so sick of seeing a hundred of them everywhere I turn and look. So I have decided one of the most crucial elements in deciding which GC I buy, is that it must be able to smoke a 'stang. So which base model, and mods would give me the best build to accomplish this goal? We have a small drag strip on an abandoned air base, so just assume its being modded for the quarter mile run.

·
Registered
593 Posts
get a 2010-2012 2.0t and get a GTX35, internals, and all supporting mods. easy 450+ whp

·
Euntes Pro Fregit
1,888 Posts
Need more info.

What is your budget?
Which mustangs do you want to race? (V6, 5.0, etc.)

EDIT: Or just do this ^^^
Will allow you to beat overwhelming majority of stangs (and most every other car on the road for that matter). Just be ready to empty your bank account with this plan because it will be expensive.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
where is ibnzmonkey or whatever his name is... i know its not long before he trolls on into this thread..... it talks about Mustangs!!!! hahahahha.

But yeah seriously which kind of stang???? because the new Shelby pushes like 600hp hahahah

·
, SJ is the man
9 Posts
Go buy one. Bench racing isn't going to get you anywhere and if your main goal is to beat a mustang, you should buy another big v8 car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But yeah seriously which kind of stang???? because the new Shelby pushes like 600hp hahahah
At least at a minimum the V6 Premium, preferably any V6 and the GT as well. Don't care so much to match up against the Shelby. I figure a $50K car is in a whole new class of its own. Besides not many people have them around here. But the V6's are more prevalent out here than cockroaches and for whatever reason most of them love to try and show off by revving up their engines and peeling out at stop lights. It's annoying and I feel the need to put them in their place :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Need more info.

What is your budget?
Which mustangs do you want to race? (V6, 5.0, etc.)

EDIT: Or just do this ^^^
Will allow you to beat overwhelming majority of stangs (and most every other car on the road for that matter). Just be ready to empty your bank account with this plan because it will be expensive.

As far as a mods budget goes, under $5K, but under $3K is most preferred.

·
Euntes Pro Fregit
1,888 Posts
As far as a mods budget goes, under $5K, but under $3K is most preferred.
You halfway mechanically inclined? Any experience with tuning/tuning software? Would you be installing everything yourself or having a shop do it?

You could pick up a 10-12 2.0 and have an impressive build that would allow you to beat any v6 and run with the gt if you install everything yourself. However, paying for install at a shop will severely limit your options because you need to assume close to half the budget will go towards labor.

DISCLAIMER:

My comments assume the mustangs are stock. I make no claims about you beating anything if they're modded too.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
With $3000 I beat up to reflashed V6s, haven't raced a stock GT

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You could buy a top end Mustang. :)
I would except for two things.. one is that the GC is so much better looking ;) and two is that they are EVERYWHERE... And with the way 'stang drivers are out here, the mustang has almost become the official douche trademark. I don't mean that offensively towards anybody specific out there... but every spoiled rotten high school kid here seems to have one and is automatically the center of the world because they have a mustang. Lol so I have nothing against the car itself or its drivers in general, just the vast majority of the specific people that I come in contact with who drive them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You halfway mechanically inclined? Any experience with tuning/tuning software? Would you be installing everything yourself or having a shop do it?

You could pick up a 10-12 2.0 and have an impressive build that would allow you to beat any v6 and run with the gt if you install everything yourself. However, paying for install at a shop will severely limit your options because you need to assume close to half the budget will go towards labor.

DISCLAIMER:

My comments assume the mustangs are stock. I make no claims about you beating anything if they're modded too.
Yea this would be for racing stock mustangs. Although I definitely am not the best garage mechanic in the world, I would say that I am somewhat mechanically inclined. At least smart enough to figure out how to put something together with minimal direction. I am good friends with a couple of mechanics so I figure if anything is beyond my head then I could get assistance from them. As far as tuning/tuning software goes.. I have no experience with that what-so-ever. So do you think a 2.0T would do just fine as a platform to start with? Or should I find myself an R-spec or a premium model?

·
2012 3.8 Track ZF-6-SPD
2,925 Posts
Easy way is buying 1st gen 2.0t. Give beyond redline a blank check.

Done.

If your only spending 5k you won't be playing with any V8's out there.

Also I'm sure someone has been itching to say this but, DO SOME RESEARCH!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Done.

Also I'm sure someone has been itching to say this but, DO SOME RESEARCH!!!
Well this is part of the research process is it not? :p

·
2012 3.8 Track ZF-6-SPD
2,925 Posts
Yes, but your question is very easily answered if you applied knowledge and research from this forum. You won't be able to learn if you don't read.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Well.

Buy a Gallardo
Take it to Underground Racing
Spend more money than you probably have
Beat everything

·
Registered
2,821 Posts

Done.

Also I'm sure someone has been itching to say this but, DO SOME RESEARCH!!

I wouldn't say that. He can give some pre 2011 GT's a hard time as well if he goes for a bolt on turbo upgrade. You can do a 19T or 16G turbo, injectors, canned tune, and both cat deletes for well under $5k and use the remainder to round things out (intake or an exhaust, etc). That would put him in the 300-330whp range. He'd need a clutch real soon though, not sure if he can sneak that into the budget.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well.

Buy a Gallardo
Take it to Underground Racing
Spend more money than you probably have
Beat everything
Lol well for that matter, why don't I just go out and by my dream car, the McLaren F1 and hire a professional engineering team to analyze it and beef out ever spec imaginable until no other car in the world could possibly hope to even come close to touching me xD

1 - 20 of 146 Posts