Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to have the cruise control enabled when you turn the car on..?? Lazy driver here, and it would be nice, instead of having to push button every time you stop/start the car. I use the cruise control every day and it is just a little frustrating.

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
You really want to know if there is a way to keep from having to press a button on your steering wheel? Are you related to iamnotalive?

·
What the what?
3,225 Posts
What's cruise control?

·
 ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
1,913 Posts
all you have to do is move your thumb how lazy can you be

·
Premium Member
40,514 Posts

·
What the what?
3,225 Posts
My car didn't come with one of those bricks... Hmm...interesting.

·
Premium Member
40,514 Posts
I believe that is a 50 MPH brick.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am humbled that all the above took time out of their very busy schedules to reply in such a timely manner.....lol.....If I'm not mistaken, I remember seeing a thread on here that automatically turns off the traction control when you start the car; the "AUTO" position on the lights stalk that most people use and finally "Automatic Transmission" that saves you moving your left leg and your right arm........ALL items for lazy "Iamnotalive" people.....and I believe there are quite a few of them out there. Sorry for wasting the above peoples time

·
FS section ravager
2,183 Posts
IF i had cruise control i would want this as well.

Its just one of those nice little things.

OP, its not too difficult to make a circuit to do this.

·
Banned
148 Posts
So you want your car to begin accelerating on it's own to a pre-determined speed as soon as you turn it on?

·
Premium Member
40,514 Posts
That's how my brick works.

·
FS section ravager
2,183 Posts
So you want your car to begin accelerating on it's own to a pre-determined speed as soon as you turn it on?
He want cruise control to be in the waiting mode.

So when hes cruising he can just hit SET

Instead of now having to hit On then SET.

·
Banned
148 Posts
He want cruise control to be in the waiting mode.

So when hes cruising he can just hit SET

Instead of now having to hit On then SET.
Yeah I always get super pissed when I have to hit one button before I hit another. I can TOTALLY see why that makes sense.

:dunno:

·
FS section ravager
2,183 Posts
Yeah I always get super pissed when I have to hit one button before I hit another. I can TOTALLY see why that makes sense.

:dunno:
Its an annoying thing that shouldn't be there.

Most cars remember what your cruise control was set to last.

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
This brings to mind a story from a few years back. I had a buddy who was into the electronic gadgets, and installed a remote start on his manual transmission Dodge Neon. One morning, he hit the button on the remote to start the car and heard a loud crash. His car had started, rolled across the parking lot, and crashed into his neighbor's apartment. When the tow truck driver came to extract the car from the building, he attached the tow chains to the rear suspension of the Dodge Neon and ripped the rear susension completely out of the car.

·
Banned
148 Posts
This brings to mind a story from a few years back. I had a buddy who was into the electronic gadgets, and installed a remote start on his manual transmission Dodge Neon. One morning, he hit the button on the remote to start the car and heard a loud crash. His car had started, rolled across the parking lot, and crashed into his neighbor's apartment. When the tow truck driver came to extract the car from the building, he attached the tow chains to the rear suspension of the Dodge Neon and ripped the rear susension completely out of the car.
LOL I knew a guy who did the same thing when he installed remote start on his manual car like 10 years ago. I don't get why everyone is obsessed with automating every process in a vehicle, people who drive cars like ours more-so than others.

Everyone is trying to make it so they have to pay the least amount of attention possible while doing something that should require the most amount of attention possible.

·
What the what?
3,225 Posts
I prefer to drive my car...not the other way around.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OMG..............you guys are freakin rediculous........you obviously have nothing better to do than scour forums looking for some post to make smart-assed comments on...

It was a genuine inquiry, to see if someone, with more knowledge on The Genesis than me, had come accross.

Nooomoto...why don't you rip out your electric windows and replace them with the wind-up variety & while you are there, replace your radio with something from the 1950s....because you wouldn't want anything in your car that was convenient or modern.

I know I can press the cruise control button every time I start the car but it would be more "convenient" if I didn't have to do that. I beleive that most cars remember the status of the cruise so that if you use it everyday, you don't need to continually turn it on. I would also be pissed if I had to turn on the Traction Control every time I turned on the car. Someone at Hyundai decided that the cruise control needed to be turned on instead of the opposite, as they did with the traction control. Maybe they could have a "mod" for awkward owners like me....!!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Its called a fail safe.... If cruise was always in the "on" position and only required one button to activate what stops you from accidentally hitting that button. Your car would start accelerating on its own until it hits your last set speed.

Comparing that to power windows? You're thumb is literally right there...

Sent from my SGH-I717M using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 20 of 51 Posts