Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of weeks ago I got in my car and shifted out of park and a bunch of white plastic fell into my hand. Turns out the interior of the shift knob had disintegrated and that plastic piece holds the leather covering in place.

I looked through various custom knob threads here but didn't care for any so I machined up my own. Collected some black Delrin, aluminum and some silicone o-rings and here's the result.

Material property Audio equipment Auto part Wire Flashlight

Car Vehicle Speedometer Gear shift Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
16,320 Posts
The bk1 doesnt have the shift button, so just about any shift knob with the correct threading would work.

Not sure why they went with the button in knob setup on the bk2.

Pretty sure the auto shift knobs for hondas on ebay would work the same on the bk2 auto

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually looked at those knobs (along with hundreds of others) and the ones with a button were usually on the side and I really had no idea if that design would work with the spring-loaded plunger on the GenCoupe. Plus there were the unknowns about diameter and height. I finally gave up and since I had the machines to make something custom that I'd knew would fit I went that direction. This one started out as a prototype just so I could get the dimensions and stuff right but once I got done with it I decided it would work and look just fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts