Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
That's very cool I think someone's posted that or something similar before. I'm no expert on forced induction but there are several members on here who have done it but with turbocharger kits. From what I've read the connecting rods are a weak link and really need to be upgraded to maintain reliability when going forced induction. Also you want to lower compression a bit when going forced induction. Still looks way cool and it would be tempting to just "bolt it on" but I wouldn't want to scatter my 3.8 all over the roadway. Also check out member "shortrack" he's not active on here any more but was a wealth of information on drag racing using nitrous oxide. Probably a much more cost effective way to get similar results.

·
Premium Member
15' 380GT BK2 M/T ;P
92 Posts
Big ups @ what lvdukerider said and about shorttrack, mans a goldmine even if he is a bit persnickety at times lol
But yeaaah I really like this kit and everything but there’s just a lot more information and tuning experience with turbo kits especially since Remannt Performance released their kit. Plus with a turbo there’s headroom for extra power with just cranking the PSI.
But damn do I want that supercharger wine on a genny. Would be sounding mean asl

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@lvdukerider @meekmillan
Thanks both for your insightful posts.
I think D´TOZ made a good reply on supercharger vs Turbo in their installation video:

"Whats the pros and cons of going for a supercharger vs a turbo in the 3.8?"

-The supercharger is a system based on a naturally aspirated system, and it has the advantage of steady torque without turbo racks like the genuine. In case of the turbo, a high torque like a speedy and powerful punch is an advantage. However, since you have to use a high boost from the initial setup, the maintenance cycle is short and expensive. When it comes to initial setting costs, normally the turbo is expensive, but it can have a high potential to produce higher horsepower once set. In the case of a supercharger, the initial cost is low but if you want to more boost and the horse power, entire system need to be changed from the air cooling to water cooling hence the cost is more expensive than turbocharger. In case of our products, maintenance is very simple and self-maintenance is possible. The most important point is the maintenance cost, but our product has a short maintenance time due to its simple structure, therefore the maintenance cost is also low. Both have advantages, so please set the chargers in the direction you want.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
My goal is not to compete with 600+ HP Turbo Genesis (because there are non here anyhow)
My goal is to use it as my daily, not worrying about if my pistons are shot trough the hood. and have at least a chance on beating the newer Mustang GT5.0 Stock

Edit: plus that wastegate noise is worth every penny just alone

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fingers crossed!
Yes! I got hold of Jake on D´TOZ, he sent me a long formulae to fill in about my car, he even asked if I could fill the car with Premium because the engine will start to knock with low grade fuel.
@lvdukerider since you was interested in the fuel test, even the Koreans say we should run the car on Premium. Anyhow Side note.

He wanted all my details so he could calculate the shipping costs, he also "suggested to add 680 USD worth of ECU and MAP" since he never shipped to EU.
Yeah, add that and a Catch Can for 120 USD... ok I might be waisting my money on that part but what the heck.

·
Premium Member
15' 380GT BK2 M/T ;P
92 Posts
I’m getting excited for you lol
And I use that iPhone cost thing as a justification for parts too 😂
Like at least I’m spending it on something that I’ll be using a decade from now and a car won’t need a battery replacement in 2 years.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I’m getting excited for you lol
And I use that iPhone cost thing as a justification for parts too 😂
Like at least I’m spending it on something that I’ll be using a decade from now and a car won’t need a battery replacement in 2 years.
I had to put this on hold for now... I sent them this (removed personal details because that is nothing I will share)

"I really appreciate your long answers, knowledge and honesty.
In Sweden there are nothing like these parts to order, because the market is too small. So you are the only way for me to increase HP on my car.
Something that is a bit negative is that the fog lights needs to be removed, now that is not a problem for legal driving the car. But it is negative and yet I understand it is neccessary in order to fit your product.

Your price and offer is fair and honest, I would have ordered this but... Things in Europe is going very bad at the moment, this is not something that you and me could have predicted.
Altough I can afford this, economy in Europe is going straight down, because of High inflation, High Gas prices, Increasing Mortages and instability due to Ukraine war.
And on top of that USD hit all time high now. Plus winter is coming and I wont even need the stock 347 HP in winter...

Let me tell you this, and I repeat myself, your product is the only way for me to increase HP on my car, and I will have a better picture of the sittuation in Spring next year.
So for now, I am going to wait untill the worst of the storm is over and I can confidently order this without being stressed over other things.

By the way I would be interested in your final offer at XXXX USD but lets keep in contact and hopefully in spring next year I am ready to place the order, when I also can have use of the extra performance."

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I keep talking to D´Toz and he is totally understanding the situation. I have asked them to leave a set for me in spring to order.
So I will have time to put a side a bit of the money needed for this upgrade in Spring, I honestly feel like the car is sluggish now after owning it for about 4 months.
I guess its me getting used to the performance.

On a side note... My "Solo Performance" exhaust... Its louder than anything on YouTube. I dont know why, it passed inspections and all.
I will put up a video for you guys soon so you see what I mean.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts