Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.. today I had the pleasure of formally introducing my brand new 2011 gen coupe to a lexus es350... I was wondering if someone would be able to give me an estimate on what I would be expecting in terms of repair cost...

here are some images.. miraculously her car has about a wrench turn's worth of damage

What are we looking at for repairs?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
well it looks like the bumper did a good job of doing what it does best..are you going to get your insurance to cover it or keep it on the down low??

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
most likely going to have insurance cover it, but If it isn't too bad I'm not sure... seeing as my dad is going to be taking care of it I'm going to assume that we'll be going through insurance

·
Island Coupe
1,060 Posts
front bumper...$250-$400
front fender...$150-$225
paint & install...$350-$600

BTW since you're paying for a new front bumpers, you could look into aftermarket ones too. ;)
Haha.. the Importshark plug...

Definitely time for some aftermarket pieces.

·
Use the F'n Search Button
4,280 Posts
My rear bumper + labor was $800.

Assuming the rear bumper costs similar as the front, plus a new fender, I would guess $1300 ish...

·
Retired Staff
2,303 Posts
Thats about $3,000 in damages, if not more...

Bumper, fender, paint, fender liner, labor, shop supplies.
Then hopefully there is no underlying damage...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Somone just ran into me in the parking lot with their beast of a truck, just some slight fender damage and paint cracking...nothing compaired to what you have and i'm paying $600.00 for the fix...good luck

·
Registered
56 Posts
I want pictures of the lexus! Lets see who won the brawl ;)

·
Registered
638 Posts
Theres someone on here selling their entire gencoupe, literally. Try and find the post and see how much the current cost is for the front bumper. Their doing it as an auction so you probably can save some money.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Theres someone on here selling their entire gencoupe, literally. Try and find the post and see how much the current cost is for the front bumper. Their doing it as an auction so you probably can save some money.
thank for the info, I'll check it out... shipping will probably be a bitch though

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I want pictures of the lexus! Lets see who won the brawl ;)

here ya go

Alright, you caught me... that isn't the same accident... here is the "damage" to the lexus if you can even really call it damaged compared to my front end...

most (all) of the dark stuff is just dirt from the roads its just that one piece bent out

1 - 20 of 35 Posts