Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Damage Assessment :(

3K views 34 replies 19 participants last post by  Mike@ImportShark 
#1 ·
So.. today I had the pleasure of formally introducing my brand new 2011 gen coupe to a lexus es350... I was wondering if someone would be able to give me an estimate on what I would be expecting in terms of repair cost...

here are some images.. miraculously her car has about a wrench turn's worth of damage

What are we looking at for repairs?

See less See more
#2 ·
well it looks like the bumper did a good job of doing what it does best..are you going to get your insurance to cover it or keep it on the down low??

#10 ·
Thats about $3,000 in damages, if not more...

Bumper, fender, paint, fender liner, labor, shop supplies.
Then hopefully there is no underlying damage...

#18 ·
here ya go

Alright, you caught me... that isn't the same accident... here is the "damage" to the lexus if you can even really call it damaged compared to my front end...

most (all) of the dark stuff is just dirt from the roads its just that one piece bent out

#16 ·
Theres someone on here selling their entire gencoupe, literally. Try and find the post and see how much the current cost is for the front bumper. Their doing it as an auction so you probably can save some money.

#28 ·
4 Grand?
you're crazy. there isn't 4 grand in damage there. Yours must have had more damage than that.

in any case he just posted the estimate was 2200.
I was going to guess between 1000 and 1500.
what's the extra damage? any suspension or steering parts being replaced?

#32 ·
I feel your pain Enivel, my Tiburon was totaled by a Ford Explorer, T-boned my ass like a pro.... his damage? A broken front headlight and a cracked front bumper!

P.S. Just get a pro repair estimate, if its well over your deductible take the hit on insurance and make the claim, if not....might as well get some new toys for the ride! :D

#34 ·
yeah wish I could have avoided the insurance... my dad called the woman up and told her to just get an estimate from a local car shop to see how much we would need to pay for her repairs... thankfully english was not her first language so she got an estimate... from her insurance company... so I got to have a nice recorded conversation with my geico lady... its whatever though.. its in the past... and thanks for all the input...

as for other damage.. the only thing extra that I didnt see was the internal bezel in the light somehow cracked without any other damage... strangely enough... that and apparently when painting a car you get to charge not only labor by the hour... but apparently supplies has an equal hours multiplier... that was nice surprise

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.