Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,514 Posts
My grandma had one of these things in her '64 T-Bird back in the day... yanno... along with the diamond tuck plastic wrap on the seats.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL! I hear you. If a dash map fits flush with the dash, than it will be a good look.

·
Premium Member
40,514 Posts
I've seen DashMates in other cars... good fit, for the most part... but even the best ones still look like a toupee'. Back in the day, the sun coming through the windshield would cause the dash to crack, fade, and peel. With UV filtering through automotive glass and improved plastics, I haven't heard that being a problem.... at least with the dash. I would probably be more concerned about the surface peeling off of your steering wheel than the dash drying and cracking.

·
No GC...Yet.
123 Posts
Nowadays, I mostly hear of people using dash mats as a way to help reduce the reflective glare of their dash against the windshield more than UV protection.

·
Premium Member
40,514 Posts
It's also good if you don't wanna dust.

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
So dashes today can still have problems from the sun.

In my old TC
(2006) , the dash physically started to warp from heat. But.. I wouldn't use a dash mat. Put up a windshield visor when you park if your worries about stuff like that.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea, I was mostly worried about the dash fading over time. Here in NY we only have to deal with 3-4 months of high heat/sun. I guess as long as I keep the dash moisturized, it should be fine? Same way we take care of leather.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts