Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I picked up my car from the lot (after they did their complimentary wash) I noticed an oily spot on my dashboard, above my glove compartment. I assumed it was some crap they used to clean it.

I tried wiping it down and was able to reduce it a bit but it came back. I took it back to have them try and remove it during my first oil change. However one of the people in the service dept told me she has seen it before and said it was related to a leak from the A/C.

She really couldn't tell me much about it and it was still there. I am planning on going back this weekend to raise hell but wanted to see if anyone could provide some insight.

Much appreciated.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Mine does that when it is really humid but as soon as it cools off it goes away. It has never stained it or caused any issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input and it's good to hear it hasn't stained yours. I live in cali and we really don't get much humidty at least not in the past. This last year we've had a bit of humidity but nothing crazy like florida, etc. Plus it doesn't go away on it's own. At least it hasn't in the last couple weeks.

·
Registered
386 Posts

·
FS section ravager
2,183 Posts
Its normal, I think its an oil from the detailing they do.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Thanks for the input and it's good to hear it hasn't stained yours. I live in cali and we really don't get much humidty at least not in the past. This last year we've had a bit of humidity but nothing crazy like florida, etc. Plus it doesn't go away on it's own. At least it hasn't in the last couple weeks.
I'm in Florida, on the beach and have never had this happen. We'll see what happens when the summer gets here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts