Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a dilemma here. I have a 2011 3.8 track edition and out of nowhere it would not turn on. Lock/unlock on key fob works. If the key is inside the car and foot on the brake nothing happens if i press the start button even with the key fob in the slot. I did notice a red light blinking 5 times on the start button. Had the dealer diagnose it and replaced the PDM ( power distribution module) Which took them 3 weeks to receive from korea and still nothing. They were going to replace a wiring harness next but the harness wouldve been $1800 + 1600 labor. Seemed to me like they were shotgunning parts at it and my mechanical coverage would not pay out anymore so i had the car towed home. They mentioned my optima red top not being adaquate and tried to get me to replace it with an oem battery. Any help? Did the basics like battery connections fuses and key fob battery too

·
Premium Member
15,066 Posts
is it cranking, and just not firing?

Seems like the mechanics don't know what they are doing.
I would have loosened and re-tightened all the grounds that I could see first.

If it's not cranking and you hear a click, it could be the starter relay, or the starter solenoid.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is it cranking, and just not firing?

Seems like the mechanics don't know what they are doing.
I would have loosened and re-tightened all the grounds that I could see first.

If it's not cranking and you hear a click, it could be the starter relay, or the starter solenoid.
Nothing happens at all. I'm going to try replacing the unit ASSY – smart key module

1 - 3 of 3 Posts