Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm in the market for a Genesis Coupe and I came across a 2011 3.8 online but I'm confused on what trim this could be. Dealer says:

Locking Rear Differential, Rear Wheel Drive, Power Steering, 4-Wheel Disc Brakes, Aluminum Wheels, Tires - Front Performance, Tires - Rear Performance, Compact Spare Tire, Auto-On Headlights, Auto-Off Headlights, Fog Lamps, Power Driver Mirror, Power Passenger Mirror, Intermittent Wipers, Variable Speed Intermittent Wipers, AM/FM Stereo, CD Player, Satellite Radio, MP3 Player, Auxiliary Audio Input, Wireless Cell Phone Hookup, Leather Seats, Bucket Seats, Driver Lumbar, Pass-Through Rear Seat, 2nd Row Bench Seat, Adjustable Steering Wheel, Steering Wheel Controls, Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel, Trip Computer, Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Keyless Entry, Cruise Control, Remote Trunk Release, A/C, Rear Defrost, Driver Vanity Mirror, Passenger Vanity Mirror, Driver Illuminated Vanity Mirror, Passenger Illuminated Visor Mirror, Front Reading Lamps, Auxiliary Pwr Outlet, 4-Wheel ABS, Brake Assist, Traction Control, Electronic Stability Control, Passenger Air Bag On/Off Switch, Side Air Bag, Side Head Air Bag, Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Atm its price is now unlisted for some reason, but I'm pretty sure I saw that the internet price was about 25-26k a couple days before. I would think that maybe it's a grand touring, but it says it's manual transmission; unless there is such a thing as a manual 2011 GT? :confused: or is this just autotrader bs =P

Also a side question if you please, just looking for opinions. If you had a price range around $25k, would you go with a '10 pre-owned 3.8 track w/11k miles? Or a new '11 2.0T base/r-spec (for the stick shift :p) only because it comes with the 100,000/10yr warranty. Or maybe the trim above if anyone can figure out what it is. I definitely have the hots for the 3.8 track, but the lack of the 10yr warranty is a real drag. What do you think?

First time I'm buying from a dealer. Any help would definitely be appreciated! :D

·
Lead Foot
1,157 Posts
No such thing as an 11 3.8 GT m/t... sounds like 2.0T premium maybe?

·
Premium Member
15,368 Posts
LSD with keyless go usually mean:

US = track

Canada = GT

Whats listed on hyundai's site car builder thing, is more of a suggestion of whats available. They sometimes make a few oddball ones, than what the site says its suppose to be.

example: for the 2010 models, the 3.8 track was suppose to only come in selected colors. I think white, black, yellow, and red.
But I know a couple that buy a 3.8 track in green with an automatic. Site also listed the auto not as an option for the track trim, at the time.

·
Registered
915 Posts
If it has 19" wheels and brembo's (big red brakes) its a track.

If it doesn't its a premium.

Rspecs don't have steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies.

So then this car is most likely track? With its price, this seems like a really good deal; i know for sure it was definitely not over 28,000

·
Premium Member
15,368 Posts
track and r-spec are the only ones that come with LSD in the states.

IIRC someone said all Canada spec come with LSD.

probably used
reasoning for price, even though its only been like 6 months since they released the 2011 models. Or the dealer putting such a lower price and then jacking up the price when you get there.

Seems like an oddball Grand touring.
Whats weird is that it has a LSD. I would jump on it if I were you. :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sorry to ask, I'm not the most car savvy guy there is but is locking rear differential the same as limited slip diff?

also i think you might be right when you said it was probably used; the mileage is unlisted.
a bit of a sketchy car imo :p

·
Meet Organizer
1,399 Posts
I'm 100% Sure that's a 3.8 Rspec. 2011 3.8 Grand Touring only comes in automatic.

·
1stgengen
4,533 Posts
This all depends on where the car is coming from. OP mentioned "kms" when referring to warranty, so must be in Canada. Therefore the vehicle in question would no doubt be a 3.8 BASE as there are only 2 3.8 trims avail. in Canada, both of which come with LSD. The GT comes with all the track goodies plus all the more "luxury" goodies (pwr mirrors, climate control etc etc). The base comes with all the luxury items w/o track goodies. Also, worth mentioning, both have M/T or A/T transmission choices and opt. nav unit.

·
Super Moderator
13,004 Posts
Just FYI, Torsen LSD's are not Locking Differentials, they never lock, just bias the torque. So that description is wrong based on that alone. It can't be a Canadian coupe because no Canadian coupes have TPMS.

Coupes that come with LSD's in Canada are the 2.0T GT (US Track), and all 3.8's.
Also, Canada doesn't get a 10-year warranty because of Quebec.

·
1stgengen
4,533 Posts
Are you sure CND coupes dont have tpms? I was always under the assumption that it was available, but I could be wrong.

If I am correct, you can buy an extended warranty upon purchase that equates to the 10yr warranty, which is transferable (?)

·
Super Moderator
13,004 Posts
I have yet to see TPMS in any CDN Coupe spec sheet. Might be in the 2012 or the 2013 when it becomes required by law. Also, no CDN Coupe has backup warning system.

Yeah you can buy extended warranty, but in the US (and most of the rest of the world) Hyundai offers 10-year standard.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry for the confusion but to clear a few things up, I am in the US east coast and this is a US 3.8

I'm thinking for the price and transmission, this either HAS to be a 3.8 rspec and the description is BS or the oddball description could be correct but the price just can't be.

Either way, in comparison to a 11k mileage 2010 3.8 track for about the same price seems to be pretty good too, I'd just have to go w/o the 10yr warranty or like cavalier said to buy an extended warranty I guess. Are extended warranties expensive/worth it?

·
Retired Staff
2,303 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts