Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T A/T
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I haven't seen any threads about this so I thought i'd ask. It was time for me to replace the spark plugs on my '13 Genesis Coupe 2.0t, and I decided to go with Denso's Iridum TT Spark plugs (ikh20tt) instead of the Denso Iridium (zk20hqr8). (could have been a mistake but I said ffffffff**k it). I was gunna go with NGK but I know that the '13's prefer Denso instead.

Just wondering if anyone has messed with these plugs before. I'm not sure if i'm crazy but the car seems to get to higher RPM's quicker when pushed. Idles fine. Anyones two cents would be great!

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,449 Posts
The 4704 is an improved design over the stock 3459. It has a .4mm center electrode diameter compared to the stock .55mm. Otherwise they are the same.

they do suggest different spark plug gaps. .031" for stock 3459 and .039" for the 4704

Specs

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T A/T
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, the car seems to be running just fine besides a rough idle at start. Only thats been happening for quite some time, I just cant figure out what it is. Cleaned the throttle body and replaced the PCV.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts