Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to get some input regarding a fitment issue I am having with my AEM CAI (Part #: 21-687P) and my depo racing fmic kit.

The air filter on the CAI is 7" and atm I have to crumple it to make it fit with the FMIC piping.

I checked the aem chart AEM Universal Round Tapered Cone Air Filters and found that there is the 21-204DK replacement filter which is 5.25" long. It has the same inside flange diameter as the replacement filter (21-2047DK).

Will this one be ok? Or is there one better (shorter) that I can use with the AEM CAI to make everything fit with no rubbing?

·
Burger King Dildo Hammer
2,190 Posts
I don't understand why you have to crumple it up, wouldn't the depo kit piping be rubbing on the CAI pipe? It shouldn't be touching the air filter...???

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the pipes on either products dont touch at all, the cai filter for some reason wont clear the depo piping at the bottom.

·
Burger King Dildo Hammer
2,190 Posts
So the depo pipes run into the area where the stock washer bottle would normally sit? That doesn't sound right...

I would assume a shorter one would work fine... maybe a bit wider to compensate for air volume? I'm not an expert on the subject, I'm sure someone else could chime in on this... I'm sure it would work fine tho.

What baffles me is why those two would even be touching...

·
Severed member
1,597 Posts
I have a different intake and FMIC, so this does not apply to me. However, I have read posts where the CIA tube is cut an inch shorter on the filter side to allow for FMIC fitment.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I did run into this with my Greddy FMIC and AEM CAI. The hot side "U" pipe that comes out of the core, around the radiator and up into the engine bay. The AEM filter was just a bit to long so it would hit the "U" pipe, just cut an inch of the CAI pipe and push the filter all the way on it should be good.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did run into this with my Greddy FMIC and AEM CAI. The hot side "U" pipe that comes out of the core, around the radiator and up into the engine bay. The AEM filter was just a bit to long so it would hit the "U" pipe, just cut an inch of the CAI pipe and push the filter all the way on it should be good.
took your advice! went to a shop and they cut off about 1" off the pipe. fitment is now super sexy!

·
Registered
3,093 Posts

·
Severed member
1,597 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts