Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my Depo Racing test pipes from GCTuner and I happened to notice that the flanges don't seem to be level i.e. When I set it face up on the counter I can visibly see the flange tilted downward. Is this a defective set? Or is this on purpose for exhaust fitment? I'd like to hear from other people with Depo test pipes and other brands as well, TIA

·
Registered
70 Posts
I ordered the same test pipes from GC tuner for my 3.8.Same situation. Flanges didn't line up. It would cost too much to ship them back from Canada. While my car was still on the hoist...the muffler shop offered to build a custom set for $60. They built them and they did a great job.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ordered the same test pipes from GC tuner for my 3.8.Same situation. Flanges didn't line up. It would cost too much to ship them back from Canada. While my car was still on the hoist...the muffler shop offered to build a custom set for $60. They built them and they did a great job.
Wow thats a really good price, i had a local shop install them on wednesday and they were able to get them bolted on without even misaligning the rest of the system. Not sure how they did it but I'm happy with it haha

·
Registered
93 Posts
One of mine was way off so the shop cut it an rewelded it. Luck of the draw I guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts