Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
(Tony)
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys. I was just wondering, Did i paid a good price on the tires that i got or i did got ripped off? I can't stop thinking since yesterday if i made the right choice to these used tires or i should had just went to brand new.

Oh by the way, my budget is kinda tight that is another reason why i went to Used. Anyways the used tires i got are MICHELIN PILOTS PS2's 245/35/19 on the front (One tire is bascially brand new and the other one has %50 tread left) and 265/35/19 for the back. (Both has at least %70 tread remaining).

I paid $850 for these. Was this a good buy or not? Thanks.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Considering they're uneven and one is already at or below 50% I would say you paid way too much...

·
(Tony)
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Considering they're uneven and one is already at or below 50% I would say you paid way too much...
I was thinking about that too.. Damn it.. The owner said and to the looks for me, These can last me at least 2 years. I have winters for winter.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
For a few hundred more, you probably could have bought a brand new set on Hankook v12 Evo tires from Simply Tire.

·
(Tony)
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For a few hundred more, you probably could have bought a brand new set on Hankook v12 Evo tires from Simply Tire.
I know, but like i said, i am kinda cheap in budget too..

·
GCMafia
3,442 Posts

·
 ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
1,913 Posts
you paid way too much for it

·
Registered
793 Posts
I paid under $800 for a brand new set of AS-03s in 245/35/19 and 275/35/19

·
(Tony)
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh crap. Now i feel so sad now.. :(

I kinda knew that it was too much but this was in my budget, the cheapest i could have went for is brand new Falken's Fk453's for a $1200 installed...

·
(Tony)
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You're on a budget but you're willing to pay that much for used tires? Should have checked out these: Atr Sport - OnlineTires.com....dirt cheap if you're on a budget.
oh wow, that is cheap lol.. but that is in the states, I live here in Canada. Man.. I feel like i wasted money again. Geezz..

·
 ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
1,913 Posts
i got my Hankook Ventus V12 235/35/19 275/35/19 shipped to me in canada for around $1000

·
(Tony)
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i got my Hankook Ventus V12 235/35/19 275/35/19 shipped to me in canada for around $1000
from Where did you got them and when? is that included Shipping and tax?

·
Full-Time Rice Eater
2,024 Posts
You got extremely ripped off man.

I got a full set of 19" Pirelli Sottozero Winter tires that were slightly used (90% tread left) for only under $800. I also bought a set of used tires for the OEM 19's Summer/All Season tires for altogether $500.

:(

·
I drive a V6
4,978 Posts
you could have driven to Buffalo, had Discount Tire send a set of stock sized tires and have them mounted for ~500 bucks

if you are on a budget...you chose poorly

·
(Tony)
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh well.. What else i can do.. I have these now. Unless now i know, Anyway i could still use these for 2 summers which is okay. By that time i already have the money to buy a new set of tires.. Thanks for the info guys. I feel kinda sad though. :(

·
 ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
1,913 Posts
Home - Discount Tire Direct

just priced it out again, final price $1,014.00 (without valve stems or Certificates for Refund or Replacement)

·
Full-Time Rice Eater
2,024 Posts
How did you get the tires? Did you look through Kijiji?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts