Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how true this is but I was told that a Ford engine produced in Canada/for Canadian cars has a different compression than that same engine produced in the US for US cars. I was curious to know if the Hyundai 3.8L BK2 would follow that same guideline. Anyone, by chance, know if the Genesis Couple 3.8L BK2 engine made in Canada/made for Canada vs made in US are different in any way? My guess is if it were a 3.8L with the 8th digit of the VIN being "J" it would be the same.
Important question as I'm very close to purchasing an engine from Canada. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
15,861 Posts
Not sure how true this is but I was told that a Ford engine produced in Canada/for Canadian cars has a different compression than that same engine produced in the US for US cars. I was curious to know if the Hyundai 3.8L BK2 would follow that same guideline. Anyone, by chance, know if the Genesis Couple 3.8L BK2 engine made in Canada/made for Canada vs made in US are different in any way? My guess is if it were a 3.8L with the 8th digit of the VIN being "J" it would be the same.
Important question as I'm very close to purchasing an engine from Canada. Thanks in advance
Ford has factories world wide making the "same" engines.
All genesis coupes were made in korea, then exported to their respective countries. The different "spec'd" cars (in terms of countries) are because of what the countries require of them to be street legal.
I have a Canada spec 2.0 engine, and is a direct swap into a US spec 2.0
The guy I bought it from actually drove down to NY to have it shipped to me, to get around customs fees.
I know it's a canada spec, because it came with a OEM hyundai block heater, which was only available in Canada.

The different 3.8 engines would be from ones from a different "model" car, like the sedan, equiss, ect. and the differences are so minor that there wouldn't be any issues in the engine running.... unless you got the FWD version of the 3.8 which would be from the Palisade/Telluride

1 - 2 of 2 Posts