Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im about to pull the trigger on Borla exhaust for my 2015 3.8, but im thinking about getting downpipes and test pipes too at the same time.

Borla does not make DP and TP's for the coupe, so I was going to get something like this

Borla says its piping is 2.25in, and the latter says 2.5 in... What is the stock piping diameter?

Should i not get Borla and get something else that is 2.5? will the pipes taper to eachother? Any advice and insight GREATLY appreciated! :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
2.25 is fine for these cars. 2.5 is too.

Fine the post called upgrade path for 3.8
It's full if info on exhaust size etc..

·
Registered
11 Posts
A few months back I purchase Solo Performance’s kit for the Genny.... produces a great sound, very easy to install, great build quality and their customer service was super friendly and helpful… I’m very pleased with it and it cost about $940...In my opinion their kit has the best looking tips… Not those cheap blue burnt ones
A65F4C29-DA5F-431B-9233-2F1C6B5859CA.png

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im about to pull the trigger on Borla exhaust for my 2015 3.8, but im thinking about getting downpipes and test pipes too at the same time.

Borla does not make DP and TP's for the coupe, so I was going to get something like this

Borla says its piping is 2.25in, and the latter says 2.5 in... What is the stock piping diameter?

Should i not get Borla and get something else that is 2.5? will the pipes taper to eachother? Any advice and insight GREATLY appreciated! :)
I have the borla cat back. Sounds like foreign sports car. Their warranty n quality is a+

·
Registered
8 Posts
if you wanna save $800-$1000 on an exhaust system I’d recommend a DIY build.

I bought two 2.5in straight pipes at Auto Zone then had a friend weld them on in place of cutting secondary cats (Test Pipes)

I then decided on keeping the stock Y pipe and resonator, deleting the muffler (ridiculously heavy and obstructing) to a single outlet 2.25in straight pipe which I’ve got tucked away out of view just after the rear sway bar/suspension.

it’s an impressive amount of gain through the rpm range and sounds like a beast. I get compliments every single day. it cost me $150 for parts and labor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts