Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Need help on my rebuild, I bought a complete stock short block from mobis and apparently the bolts for the oil pump is different and doesn't fit.

The old block states Theta FR H-3 while new block states Theta FR H-4. Can someone tell me what the real difference between them?

The new block seem to need thicker bolts to fit the oil pump in, can somone help provide me the part number or even better a page of the shop manual with the oil pump fitting.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
Hi all,

Need help on my rebuild, I bought a complete stock short block from mobis and apparently the bolts for the oil pump is different and doesn't fit.

The old block states Theta FR H-3 while new block states Theta FR H-4. Can someone tell me what the real difference between them?

The new block seem to need thicker bolts to fit the oil pump in, can somone help provide me the part number or even better a page of the shop manual with the oil pump fitting.

Thanks
can you take some pictures of the block on all side and post them up?

I will look at a block from a 2010 Track edition and see what we got.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 2011. Different engine codes could be based on year, or maybe even region of the country. we all know how much of a carbon-nazi california is.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Are the engine mounts in the same locations? and if they are, is everything in the same locations

·
Premium Member
13,004 Posts
Just fyi there are about 5 different "theta" blocks (including the theta 2). There also apparently 2 different theta 1.5's (the gc's block) which the only difference I was made aware of was a different valve cover (one isn't as thick as the other).
Pics would help everyone though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just fyi there are about 5 different "theta" blocks (including the theta 2). There also apparently 2 different theta 1.5's (the gc's block) which the only difference I was made aware of was a different valve cover (one isn't as thick as the other).
Pics would help everyone though.
Well, thanks guys for the respond.

here are the pics: Theta 2.0 - Windows Live

you can virtually slide the old studs into the new block as shown in the pictures.
I doubt it's due to the different market because i got this new block from the dealer here. That why i assume it an 2011 version.

·
Premium Member
13,004 Posts
I'd love to help you more on this, but if there is that much difference, I'd say you might not have the correct block. The GC has a semi-unique block itself, having more in common with it's 4B11T heritage than it's fellow Hyundai counterparts.
I'm going up to my dealership tomorrow and can ask for info and part numbers for you if you'd like.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd love to help you more on this, but if there is that much difference, I'd say you might not have the correct block. The GC has a semi-unique block itself, having more in common with it's 4B11T heritage than it's fellow Hyundai counterparts.
I'm going up to my dealership tomorrow and can ask for info and part numbers for you if you'd like.
That would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was late getting to the dealership today and we were trying to get everything sorted out, I'll get you the info as soon as I can, which won't be earlier than Monday.
Thanks, finally did some in depth comparision today. The new block bearing the H4 mark has 0.10mm thicker engine main studs same goes with the oil pump studs.

The old block studs are 7.8mm in width with 1.25 thread so I assume it's call M8 x 1.25 while the new block studs are thicker and measured at 8.8mm err... So do I refer them as M9 x 1.25?

I am also trying to check if the ARP main studs for the 4b11t is the same as my new theta block and if they also inculde the oil pump studs in the pack. Hopefully it's the same since the uses the same head studs.

Can someone help clarify?

·
Premium Member
15,991 Posts
Hmmm thats odd. I don't think its a FWD block (for those of you thinking that).
The FWD block has the oil pump mounted the the center of the block.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts