Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
For future reference, Bk1 axles are interchange with bk2 axles. You can pull the axle stub out of the bk2 diff and slip a bk1 axle in. I've done this before on a bk2 MT turbo. There's also a video on YouTube from Haggard Garage showing them doing the same thing.

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track White Pearl
3,111 Posts
That topic has since been cleared up in other threads buy members who've done the same, yes they are swappable, even when it's a BK2 manual with the "bolt up" axles.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can you put bk2 axels on a bk1 diff? Cause the bk2 axels have the bolt in style so how would it bolt to a bk1 diff or could you take the stud from the bk2 diff and put it on the bk1 diff?

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track White Pearl
3,111 Posts
Can you put bk2 axels on a bk1 diff? Cause the bk2 axels have the bolt in style so how would it bolt to a bk1 diff or could you take the stud from the bk2 diff and put it on the bk1 diff?
Look at the two posts that are right above yours.

And to be clear only manual BK2s have the bolt on axels, autos do not.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks yah I didn’t read it correctly the first time lol. I can confirm tho this does work I had a bk2 open diff and got a bk1 lsd and was able to pull the axel cups out from bk2 diff and push directly into the bk1 diff and bolt axels back up. Pretty easy swap and worth doing thanks again.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts