Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just figured out the pinouts for the cluster and traced back all the lines. To do this swap you will need...

2013 cluster and pigtail
2013 trip switch

I have the pinout list and where the wire comes from written by hand . I will post a pdf version later tonight or tomorrow. More info will follow this once i receive my cluster.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Hand written but thats the pin out. The only problem is which signal is which and the at position sensor and which is which for the trip switch.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually there is one other fault i found. That is that the turn signals and hazards are controlled by the bcm on the 2013. Im not 100% sure on how to get them to work other than to hardwire them into the cluster.

·
Registered
538 Posts
nice work! Can't wait to see pics!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you think the center screen will work/ have any info to display?

Sub'd for when you have updates!
I wont know untill i get my hands on one. These arent cheap so it wont be for a bit. I would assume it would show info as it is a trip computer

·
tadam!
2,572 Posts
wow
cant wait to see the result

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Will be pretty slick if you can get it going... That's probably my favorite part of the interior upgrades on the 13s. Even my wifes Tucson has a better display than the 10-12 GC.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Waiting to get my hands on a cluster. Ive contacted every vendor and no one has given me a price. If i could borrow a cluster for a few hours from a 2013 i could find out for sure if it would work and what info the new trip computer will display. Ive finally got some money to order the mirrors so thats what i will be installing and making a diy in the next few weeks.

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
Do you know if the cluster in the 2012 is the same as in the 2010-11? I know it looks the same, but do you think they are wired the same?

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do you know if the cluster in the 2012 is the same as in the 2010-11? I know it looks the same, but do you think they are wired the same?
I believe they are

·
Registered
54 Posts
BUMP waiting for a positive answer if this will work :)

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This might be a while. It doesnt seem like any vendor can source this or just doesnt wanna sell it. So i will have to wait for either a wreaked 2013 or someone who is willing to loan theirs.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
This might be a while. It doesnt seem like any vendor can source this or just doesnt wanna sell it. So i will have to wait for either a wreaked 2013 or someone who is willing to loan theirs.
Any updates?
Want 2013 cluster so bad

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Any updates?
Want 2013 cluster so bad
no real updates, until i can get hold of a 2013 cluster or find someone willing to use theirs for testing i am basically stuck where i am. I have contacted vendors but none can seem to get a cluster or williing to get one.

Currently now i am working on adding the oem smart key and push start system into a non smart key genesis. Keep an eye out for progress in that thread.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts