Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had the Curt hitch installed along with an Xsport 2 bike carrier. I've been on some pretty steep driveways and i haven't scraped yet.

·
Registered
270 Posts
How strong are the mounting points for this hitch? It's rated for 200 lbs tongue weight which seems kind of flimsy.

·
Registered
76 Posts
How strong are the mounting points for this hitch? It's rated for 200 lbs tongue weight which seems kind of flimsy.

I've toted two bikes regularly on my hitch rack for a variety of distances with no issues and no sag. In my opinion it's pretty solid for bicycles but I wouldn't utilize it for anything more.

·
Registered
681 Posts
i have the same curt class 1 hitch coming in the mail from etrailer.com. Will be following your install.

I use the hitch with my Thule T2 bike rack. The rack alone is 55 lbs, and 2x bikes will weigh up to 50 lbs. Should be fine

·
lovin my 300+hp hyundai
1,499 Posts
How is everything holding up now? OP if you're still out there.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have had mine for about two months and already took a 400 mile trip with no issues. I am lowered on coilovers and it has bottomed on a steep incline. I am hoping someone chimes in with what exhaust will fit.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just installed the Curt hitch on my 2014 3.8 Ult. Wasn't exactly 'fun' but not too terrible, either. The outside panels of the hitch seemed to have been pushed in slightly as the 4 smaller bracket holes would not line up with the underbody holes. I banged them outward as much as I could with a rubber deadblow mallet and that seemed to help a bit, as I was then able to get all 4 bolts installed. Really saved money, too. Local place wanted $215 for the hitch and $85 to install. Found it for $140 on ebay and installed myself.

I did, however, discover that the backup/reverse sensors work quite well. Hadn't heard them yet (only had car for a week) but boy did they ever start making noise with the rack back there :)

·
Registered
256 Posts

Messaged her, and she said it tows the skii fine, and that the skii is only like 400lbs. It's a curt's trailer hitch as well. I'm looking into buying a jet skii, but was finding a way for transportating it. If the gen can do this here and there, i might give it a shot although the idea seems really bad to me.

·
Registered
425 Posts
awesome that this is posted up!

Im looking for something to carry my wheels and tires to the track now.

Any suggestions on certain carriers? I cant seem to find anything that i can actually use to tow. All im finding is carriers without wheels on the ground.

·
Registered
256 Posts

Any suggestions on certain carriers? I cant seem to find anything that i can actually use to tow. All im finding is carriers without wheels on the ground.

I think you can get the curts hitch, and then match up the correct receiver to a small trailer!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
86 Posts

If you can't find a pre-made trailer, get one custom. Doesn't have to be very big. Plenty of small ones here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=track+day+trailer&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=wB9BVePIEsLosAWKkIHYDA&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=965#imgrc=_

·
Registered
425 Posts
21 - 40 of 51 Posts