Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
stock car modified driver
5,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally found our installation on this. Sorry for those of you who were looking for this install the past few weeks. Moving from one server to another and using new software is no Joke!

·
5,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been waiting quite a long time for this. I love you Jay ^.^....

Do U have to bleed the brake after change the rotor?

Thanks Jay
It's probably a good idea to remove moisture, contaminants or air :) Although I believe for this install the brakes weren't bled. Good way to measure if your brakes need bleeding is pedal feel. If it feels really soft you need to bleed your brakes.

·
Registered
684 Posts
How come your directions for the rotors are opposite from most of the people have on their car? What is the pros and cons for doing like this?

Thanks

·
5,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How come your directions for the rotors are opposite from most of the people have on their car? What is the pros and cons for doing like this?

Thanks
I didn't realize there was another DIY on this...can you forward me the link? I didn't do the install myself personally so I don't know what part is opposite of what other people are doing

·
Yeah budday!
237 Posts
Great DIY....might have to get some soon...

·
Registered
294 Posts
I think those rotors are facing the wrong way. If I recall from when i had my mazda3 and put on those type of rotors, the slots and holes should flow the opposite direction of fwd wheel spin.... if that makes sense.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I guess I just need a bigger hammer lol. I took the 2 screws out but the rotor still wouldn't budge. I thought there must be more bolts that needed to be removed. The reason I am taking the rotor off is because my hand brake is sticking on the drivers side. So that probably part of the reason my rotor is hard coming off.

·
2012 3.8 Track ZF-6-SPD
2,925 Posts
This is a great write up. Makes me want to get rotors now. About the direction of rotors is it possible to choose the direction. DIY says yes but a member says no?

sent from my phone possibly

·
2012 3.8 Track ZF-6-SPD
2,925 Posts
Yes any GC.

·
nub
191 Posts
its not so much the direction of the slots but the internal vanes of the rotor, if they are just normal vanes (straight vanes) then u can put the slots whatever way u fancy. however if they are direction vanes then u must install them in the proper rotational direction otherwise u can hinder their cooling ability making them less efficient then their straight veined counterparts. so, if the vanes on the rotors where straight then they are installed correctly and its simply preference for the direction of the slots.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts