Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

DIY guide to installing Track Rotors

10K views 32 replies 23 participants last post by  Paps511 
#1 · (Edited)
I've just finished the first guide, the fronts. I'll get the rear finished up and add it to this first post.

Here's the PDF download that you can just print out if you are doing the install and want it for reference:

Front Rotor Install Guide

Rear Rotor Install Guide

Here are the Specs from HMA service that I made into PDF as well.

http://www.gctuner.com/diy/GENESIS COUPE TRACK SPECS1.pdf
http://www.gctuner.com/diy/GENESIS COUPE TRACK SPECS2.pdf

And here are the .jpg versions of the pages. Enjoy:

See less See more
#4 ·
^+1!!!

#7 ·
Chris, Are these rotors available to us bottomfeeders that don't have Bremo's?
Would the install be pretty much the same?
When you say install calipers and make sure the pads are pushed all the way to the side,
can this be done by hand or does the piston push the pads together making it difficult to
push them back?
Great DIY, Stuff sells better when we can see how easy it is to install.

#12 · (Edited)
Great DIY Chris. I can hardly wait for mine to arrive. I took off all wheels to see if there might be any issues. The hardest part was breaking the philips screws loose without stripping them. I got a big philips (she likes that) with a rubber grip and tapped it in a little with a hammer and was able to break all 8 free. I also broke the bottom rear caliper bolt loose with a round hex wrench and a mallet so that will be ok also. You can remove that bolt without a rachet - slower!
If you jack the rear up and put stands on both sides at the jack points, you can use the jack to lift the suspension up to use a ratchet.
If you have any problem popping the rotor off, you can get two #10 metric bolts 2 1/2" long and screw them through the open caliper bolt holes to push against the rotor.

#13 ·
great write up! recommend placing jack stands though, dont trust a jack to hold it up regardless of how fast u think u can swap rotors. safety first my friends.

if your having trouble with the 2 retaining philip screws, try using an impact driver. i pray to god no one strips them otherwise its gonna suck ass

#17 ·
I agree,very good,but with one problem. I dont see any jack stands under that car. Not only will it possibly damage your car if that jack collapses (and yes,I have had a hydraulic jack collapse) you invariably end up at various points with an arm or a leg under the car when changing brakes,if only for a minute or two. Jack stands cost 30 dollars for the cheap ones and are cheap insurance for both your car and you.

That being said,what I usually do is place a jack stand under the car,then back off the jack,then jack it back until it barely touches the frame. I then place the tire under the car as well,the idea being that if the jack stand fails,the jack will be there to support it,if that fails too,hopefully the wheel,although it will likely be damaged,will support the car,and perhaps save my life or prevent serious damage to the wheel and suspension and god knows what else.

#18 ·
I absolutely agree, I remember looking for jack stands that day and the only ones around were sky high, used for big trucks. At home I have about 8 stands. I think anyone doing anything under there car should have a lot more than one crappy little jack (as in the pics above) standing between them and danger / death! Be safe not sorry!

#26 ·
where is that at do you have a link, and if you could repost the links or send me to a step by step for the rotors that would be awsome

#28 ·
thanks now do you have instructions on how to find the rotor section lol :p srry

#29 ·
Links STILL do not work and using your GenesisCoupe as user name and password on the Hyundai site link does not work. Can these items be fixed?

#31 ·
Reach out to GC Tuner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.