Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Board Whore
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
DISCLAIMER: Please use this at your own risk. i AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR MISHAPS.

Good Day, my name is Vincent, some of you may know me as Prophy.

After endless searching i couldn't find an HKS SSQV3 DIY.
here it is.... i am mechanically retarded, so this took me a good two hours. deciphering non color images sent to me from my boy tom!.

so this guide was written for my fellow ruhtards.
enjoy.

step 1: pop the hood.
step 2: open the hood.
step 3: disconnect the NEGATIVE terminal battery. this is the one that DOESNT say ( + )

it will look like this when youre done.

see this thing? remove the ring. there is one on top and one on the bottom. the top requires you to use some ingenuity and a plier.

it will look like this now.

use your HKS JOINT HOSE. 70mm. and slide on TWO hose clamps #48. slightly tighten it so you can work with it easily.

slide it on with HKS facing toward or away from you idc. and tighten one of the #48 hose clamps.
(pointer finger hole.)

next grab your 60-50mm JOINT HOSE and insert the two #40 HOSE CLAMPS. one onto each end.

(pinky finger hole.)

next grab you SSQV assembly (the bigass silver thing) and insrert it with HKS facing you. and the stick facing towards the driver side steering column.

tighten the remaining clamps.

it will now look like this.

---------------------------------------------------------
on the passenger side of the engine bay. there are three woven hoses. find it.

unplug what my pointer finger is pointing at.
both the top and bottom.

you WILL HEAR A HISSING SOUND. its ok. (i think.)
you will see TWO sticks now. | and __ place the (2) 4mm rubber caps on.
it will look like this now.

COMPLETELY remove the wire on the bottom. on your install page it is labeled as hose "d"
ROUTE HOSE Caround into the tiny T junction looking box. it will look like this.

---->

--->

find your 4mm hose and cut it in half.

insert HELLA GENTLY. (one) of the 4mm / 200 hose into the metal slim stick on your assembly. BE CAREFUL TO NOT BEND IT.

on the SAME HOSE attatched to the assembly -- place the AIR FILTER on. slim side in first, the staggered side remains open.
use the second half of the hose you cut to insert onto the staggered end.

find THIS HOSE and remove it.

THE FRONT PORTION WILL BE REPLACED BY THE 8MM HOSE.
the bendy Z portion YOU MUST REUSE.
the B1TCH part is removing the stock air filter and getting it off. my suggestion is to use a flat head and sort of jam it up in there and lif it up and out.

CONNECT the 8mm hose very gently by wiggling it in a circular motion careful not to break it.
attatch the METAL T FITTING to the 8 mm end of the NEW hose, the other opposite end to the STOCK Z hose, and the small 4mm end to the 4 mm hose connected to your air filter. CLAMP EVERYTHING
it will now look like this.

use the zip ties that was given to you to secure all lose connections NOT SECURED BY A CLAMP.

MAKE SURE EVERYTHING LOOKS OK. secure everything.
and reconnect the negative terminal BACK Onto the battery.

start your car, let it sit make sure no CEL turns on, rev a few times get a hard on.

here is what my ssqv3 sounds like inside the car with a ghetto rig spectre cone filter.
WINDOWS DOWN.
WINDOWS UP<

·
Gooood! GOOOOOD!
6,450 Posts
Lookin' good! You got it all right the first time too! :p :p :bowdown:

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
props for this amazing DIY

·
Board Whore
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the support guys, please feel free to ask questions / comments / criticism. i love when ppl respond to a diy :). i did it as ...best i could. Its my first real "hardcore" engine mod. i have had 0 experience with things like this. hope this guide helps at least one person :)

·
Knows some stuff...
6,852 Posts
lol @ the third pic and "the top requires you to use some ingenuity and a plier." I did the same thing, I was wondering why hyundai used such a weird hose clamp thing. I tried putting a allen int he dimple on the end and that didn't work, the onyl thing that worked was clamping on it with pliers and scuffing it up as I twisted it..... Then I learned it was a cap, and it comes off, and there is a normal screw/socket type hose clamp. :rofl:

I am not sure, but I don't think that clear thing is an air filter. It looks like a check valve, which also doens't make sense as you want boost and vacuum going to your BOV, so I am not sure what that is or the purpose of it.

Other than that, nice write up, very thorough.

·
Board Whore
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks man appreciate it!

the only reason why i said it was an air filter was cause the SSQV3 diagrams and "install" manual called it as such. :p

·
Finesse Is Everything
1,734 Posts

·
Board Whore
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if yall talking about the black trim on my center console..i think its stock.

my car isz a 2010 kwhite r-spec

·
Board Whore
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
maybe they did somethign to it, but they didnt advertise it or nothing on their show room car D= they didnt say this is exclusive or nothing :bowdown:

·
Registered
45 Posts
haha dude i did this the other day and it probably took me two hours also, because I'm equally retarded when it comes to anything with a car...

good guide for people so they dont have to spend two hours on it like us ahah.

·
Gooood! GOOOOOD!
6,450 Posts
Why is this thread not a sticky yet?!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Hmm this makes me question how i installed mine...
I just plugged the vacuum for my HKS BOV where the oem BPV was plugged into, that was it. I have no CEL but is anything wrong with doing that?
I also used a block off plate if that makes any difference..

FYI r-specs come with the black dash or at least the ones in Texas do... I wonder if they have the same button layout as the 2.0 track cuz that would be a cool switch imo.

·
Gooood! GOOOOOD!
6,450 Posts
And this one is the best of the bunch. :D

·
Board Whore
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lol thanks tom,
-AKGC i actually couldnt find the hks ssqv3 specific one, i used the SFR diy video as reference and they were using tubing and i flipped out like OMG WTF IS THAT? D=

1 - 20 of 80 Posts