Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
-------------------------
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Note: The numerical system allocated to the installation steps in this DIY correlate to the numerical system used in the hard copy instructions that are shipped out with each phenolic spacer.

I'll provide a performance review once I've had it installed for a couple of weeks. But let me just say that this was a quick and easy install, so if you've been meaning to do this, but have just been putting it off, you'll be pleasantly surprised at how quick it goes :)

·
GenSport Carolinas
3,001 Posts
Nice work as always. Very easy to follow. Are you going to provide a review as well?

I've noticed that my engine runs cool if I'm pushing the car hard. It's the DD traffic which heats things up. Are you running any before and after results?

·
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow very nice DIY! Thanks!

Thank you Mista G :)

Very Nice! Thanks for doing this!

If you could, please repost this is my section so I can sticky it there.

Thanks!

It was my pleasure, thank you for the opportunity :D

I just posted it in your section as well.

Nice work as always. Very easy to follow. Are you going to provide a review as well?

I've noticed that my engine runs cool if I'm pushing the car hard. It's the DD traffic which heats things up. Are you running any before and after results?
Thanks you sir! :) Yeah, I'll provide some feedback, nothing too extensive though. I'm mainly interested in seeing how it affects my Gens gas mileage.

·
Registered
162 Posts
What performance and/or MPG improvements should this mod theoretically provide? I'm just uneducated when it comes to something like this. what does a spacer do for your engine?

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
What performance and/or MPG improvements should this mod theoretically provide? I'm just uneducated when it comes to something like this. what does a spacer do for your engine?
I'm interested to see what mileage improvements this gives too lol. It helps out your engine by keeping the air inside the intake manifold cooler (cold air is denser), which makes a little bit of power.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
The grimspeed instructions are good enough i thought but this is very nice... This really is easy, hardest part for me was locating the surge tank bracket and that wasnt hard at all. Great write up as usual.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
If anyone wants this in a PDF format, pm me email, will send.

·
Registered
651 Posts
What other steps are required for a full removal of components to be able to do a grimmspeed pnp also?

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
I was wondering the same thing??
We do have printed instructions for removing the upper/ lower intake manifolds available upon request. They are also included/ sent to you when you purchase the Pnp service. I will see about getting a PDF version to post up.

Maybe if Rizor gets the Pnp done in the future he'll make another DIY. :D

·
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice DIY, i bought a spacer recently but i havent install it yet, this DIY will surely help me a lots, Thanks Rizor :)
Glad to hear it, and you're more than welcome :D

Wat it do?

And nice guide as always. You da man!
Whadup mang! Thank you sirz, and I hope to see you at the meet this Saturday. Ask your boss to give you a couple hours off :fingersx:

Hey, what is that thing with the blue vacuum hose connected, in the last pic
I think it for his f1 sterling exhaust controller.
Correct you are, it's one of the lines that goes to the solenoid valve.

The grimspeed instructions are good enough i thought but this is very nice... This really is easy, hardest part for me was locating the surge tank bracket and that wasnt hard at all. Great write up as usual.
Thanks sigel :)

We do have printed instructions for removing the upper/ lower intake manifolds available upon request. They are also included/ sent to you when you purchase the Pnp service. I will see about getting a PDF version to post up.

Lol, okay Brandon we'll see ;)

Was wondering if a throttle body spacer will also be made or is the coolant bypass just as good and just as safe?
I actually did the throttle body bypass at the same time. it's a pretty common thing to do to an engine.

·
Registered
651 Posts

A pdf version would be the awesome. I would love to see exactly what I am getting into before I start.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts