Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For 2.0L people who are considering the Jun B.L oil catch can, here is a quick guide that should help you with the install process.

Hoses are routed as such...

After you run the hoses, cut off the excess and use small zip ties to tidy up the engine bay. Just make sure to keep the hoses away from moving parts and anything that would get overly hot.

For example, you can see above that I have a hose running on top of the intercooler pipe on the left side (the one going down to the intake). I did this because the hose was otherwise resting on the manifold cover--which gets extremely hot. When I have a minute, I'm going to re-route this under the pipe simply because it would look better, but this time I plan to zip tie it to the bracket that's just to the right of the Injen logo. (Tough to see in the pic due to the lighting).

As for the remainder, it's very simple.

The only part that is not included from Jun B.L is shown below in the pink highlight. I'd recommend getting a 1/2" vacuum hose cap from your local auto part store for this. If you are in a pinch, you can always just cut the OEM hose that was in this location and clamp a bolt inside it. This is only a temporary solution on my car because I haven't gotten the vacuum cap yet (my car is rarely driven), but you technically could get away with it if you really wanted to. I just don't think it looks 100% professional.

One item to note is that my Coupe has an auto transmission, so I only have one hose going to the intake. (Shown above in the blue highlights). For those of you with a manual tranny, you'll have two hoses going to the intake--one will be from the Jun B.L kit and the other will be coming from the back of the engine. Either way, this shouldn't be confusing because the Jun kit only effects the hose coming from the side of the engine where the reducer is utilized (shown above in green highlight). For manual tranny setups, there will always be two--but the second hose is not effected by the Jun catch can.

·
Registered
469 Posts
nice diagram, i plan on getting one of these in the near future

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Nice write up, good to see all this info in one place now!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Do you think it is better to buy the cap or to buy the check valve and t-splitter like A's RSpec did?

·
Registered
133 Posts
so for people with manual, in the green, where the one hole is being utilized by the JUNBL the part on the intake should be capped, right? just want to make sure. I know it sounds kind of obvious but thats one of the only things no one talks about haha

thanks for a great writeup

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
so for people with manual, in the green, where the one hole is being utilized by the JUNBL the part on the intake should be capped, right? just want to make sure. I know it sounds kind of obvious but thats one of the only things no one talks about haha

thanks for a great writeup
No, the return line from the JUNBL can goes to the intake.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks cowcow! Just wondering, I tried installing this today and before I started I tried to make sure I had all the pieces. You know the little gauge thing that attaches two of the ports together? Does that come with the kit or is that an extra purchase because I didn't have one in the box. I'm talking about the little tube window to see oil level. Thanks again!

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Thanks cowcow! Just wondering, I tried installing this today and before I started I tried to make sure I had all the pieces. You know the little gauge thing that attaches two of the ports together? Does that come with the kit or is that an extra purchase because I didn't have one in the box. I'm talking about the little tube window to see oil level. Thanks again!
No idea since I don't have the JUN BL. i would have to take a look at what comes in the kit.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
What's the best way to drain this thing? I wish it had some sort if drain valve...

·
Registered
297 Posts
came with mine.

only thing missing was 1/2'' vacuum cap and i had to buy a t-bolt or 2, but i did break 1

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I had my dipstick pop up and oil shoot out of it, this hasn't happened before, so I'm wondering if the catch can has something to do with it?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Sooooo,

Today i was driving with this setup, not hard, and my vacuum cap BLEW off. I heard it happen and knew right away. What does this indicate? turbo surge? i replaced it and secured it better and took it for a spin. Seemed to be driving fine, but pulling a bit soft (it is hot out so i attributed that to heatsoak) But i heard somewhat of a pop while pulling and broke traction for a second. Any ideas?

·
한인 driving a 현대
248 Posts
Would it be safer/better to throw a breather filter on this vaccum capped spot?
Like mentioned above, you can do what A's Rspec did:

http://www.gencoupe.com/vendor-classifieds-engine/76519-group-buy-2-jun-b-l-oil-catch-can-5.html

I used his pictures as a guide for my install.
After installing the PCV check valve and the vacuum 'T', I noticed that it was sending debris / oil to the catch can. So with that said, I'm pretty sure you don't want to cap it off.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I put the spring clip that was on my hose on the vacuum cap to help hold it on, hasn't gone anywhere

1 - 20 of 46 Posts