Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Looked at my catch can last night, it had had only been on for about 1000 miles and it was full! Lots of water, gas, and some oil.
I can't believe Hyundai allows this crap to go back into your turbo and intake manifold.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Very good question! How do you drain this thing?
I found the best way to drain it is to un bolt it from the two spots, take off the front hose, and drain it through that fitting, make sure you tilt it around I get all the liquid out from the baffles inside.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I found recently with the catch can run the way it was in the DIY, I was pulling oil and crap through the intake hose that runs back to the intake before the turbo. I am now running the catch can like so...

Intake manifold PCV to catch can.
Single barb where sight glass is on catch can to intake manifold l, where DIY says to plug it.
Breather filter on exhaust side PCV, and capped that barb on the catch can.

Runs great.

·
Burger King Dildo Hammer
2,189 Posts
I found recently with the catch can run the way it was in the DIY, I was pulling oil and crap through the intake hose that runs back to the intake before the turbo. I am now running the catch can like so...

Intake manifold PCV to catch can.
Single barb where sight glass is on catch can to intake manifold l, where DIY says to plug it.
Breather filter on exhaust side PCV, and capped that barb on the catch can.

Runs great.
Got a couple pictures of this you can post?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
A word of caution to you guys, do not run the catch can the way it's shown in the DIY. Both valve cover ports should not be run to the same can. Check out the way AGP runs their dual can setup for the proper way.

·
I <3 cops.
1,143 Posts
don't follow this DIY, tons of white smoke will come out of your exhaust from burning oil

·
I <3 cops.
1,143 Posts
LMAO, you say the funniest **** man.

Fix your head gasket.
yeah my head gasket needs to be fixed with all 9000 miles on my car.

Also I took the catch can off and now my car runs fine, explain?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
yeah my head gasket needs to be fixed with all 9000 miles on my car.

Also I took the catch can off and now my car runs fine, explain?
Is that 9000 miles of cold WOT pulls? Lol

White smoke out of your exhaust, head gasket.
Also oil smoke isn't white. Coolant is.

My explanation, from seeing your numerous other threads and never saying a word, is....you did it wrong.

·
I <3 cops.
1,143 Posts
Is that 9000 miles of cold WOT pulls? Lol

White smoke out of your exhaust, head gasket.
Also oil smoke isn't white. Coolant is.

My explanation, from seeing your numerous other threads and never saying a word, is....you did it wrong.
posted pics of my setup in another post, you're just a moron... even you stated above in one of your post to not follow the DIY

also, the WOT comment in my original threat was me trying to explain the problem, I have never actually gone WOT in a cold start

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
posted pics of my setup in another post, you're just a moron... even you stated above in one of your post to not follow the DIY

also, the WOT comment in my original threat was me trying to explain the problem, I have never actually gone WOT in a cold start
As per usual, you resort to name calling. If I'm a moron, I don't know what that makes you. I could literally have you pay tuition for the amount of knowledge I have about cars.

I never did disagree with you about the DIY, and you are correct. It is incorrect. But saying dont do it, it will make white smoke come out of your exhaust from burning oil, is misinformation.

·
Registered
753 Posts
if you look at the why you need a catch can thread it's stated in there that having 1 CC for both outlets it causing trouble with our turbo's, a proper setup is being looked into but as it is right now it looks like 1 CC per side is the best option.

·
I <3 cops.
1,143 Posts
As per usual, you resort to name calling. If I'm a moron, I don't know what that makes you. I could literally have you pay tuition for the amount of knowledge I have about cars.

I never did disagree with you about the DIY, and you are correct. It is incorrect. But saying dont do it, it will make white smoke come out of your exhaust from burning oil, is misinformation.
Nothing you say to me is relevant because I removed the CC and my exhaust stopped smoking, noone gives a **** if your "smart" in the car world, I could care less how much you know about anything... why do you feel the need to brag about it?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Where did you place the catch can?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Where did you place the catch can?
This can goes on the driver side, near the fuse box, the tabs on it allow you to bolt it on with no modification.

·
Registered
915 Posts
21 - 40 of 46 Posts