Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
I reject to reality
1,117 Posts
In stock form, the valve cover port on the left is exposed to vacuum 100% of the time that the car is running. The port on the right is only exposed to vacuum while the car is pulling vacuum, i.e. out of boost.

The only difference I see here is that the port on the right is now subjected to constant vacuum just as the port on the left is. Is this a problem? I font see why it should be, but hyundai must have set it up that way for a reason.

There should be no difference in the way this method and A's Rspec's method of running the catch can performs. they subject the same amount of vacuum to the valve ports as this one.

·
Registered
395 Posts
just curious, has anyone considered tapping the side of the catch can and say use it as a drain plug? might be easier than taking it off every few months to drain

·
Registered
51 Posts
Still nothing on this? I'm interested but there are too many problems with it right now. Any alternative catch-cans with less problems and easier drainage?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am having a little trouble with the install (2.0T manual)... so for the tube that goes on the intake do I just place it were the oem tube was to connect it to the engine? and that as far as the intake manifold I just cap off the little port on the intake manifold that connected it to the engine?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have one of these on my car. I don't know a lick of anything about this car at all never worked on turbos either but u can't learn if u never take a chance. I don't wana take a chance and break some **** tho but I do have a question how do I clean this can't happen can. I have a 2011 2.0 r spec and there's some oil coming out of the blow off valve which is in front the throttle body. Somone said its blow by and it's ok but never have I heard of blow by being ok at all. Sorry for being a newbie but please take it easy on me guys I'm an enthusiast jus like everyone on here and I'm not big headed I own a 79 Corolla and love to wrench by still new to the scene please someone give me advice

41 - 46 of 46 Posts