nevermind...fixed it

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #42

·
Oh crap a speed bump.....
360 Posts
hey tufast. I need some help, ive looked all over the forums and came up with nothing, the WOTbox needs an RPM signal correct? well im installing a turbosmart e-boost street electronic boost controller, and it needs an RPM signal to function the way I want i to, because it can control boost at certain levels of RPM. i need to know where to get a good RPM signal, so far i have read the simply tapping the coils or injectors are a no go for us because out RPM is from the crank angle sensor, how did you get the signal? i dont want to do what another member did with his shift light and tap into a bunch of things that dont work. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Bumping old thread cuz mines in the mail!!!!!

hmmm. It seems you have the capacitor wired up to the ground wire where the N2MB switch diagram wants it wired up to the 12v source???? also they have the green wire from the box between the capacitor and the female spade connector.....

Here's the diagram... https://60c6eb2c-a-8d8d997f-s-sites...bg7HlTrZ-hxv01AcOeLe9BRUtqgb8Z&attredirects=0

any reason for the differences in the wiring? or does it not matter?

·
I reject to reality
1,117 Posts

·
Logan
861 Posts
Does this work for automatic? launch control in auto?

Probably not eh?
After several emails with N2MB, we concluded that something like this could be done. I haven't had a chance to try it, don't wanna blow out my cats..haven't decided about getting headers yet. When I finally decide I may or may not have a WOT box for sale

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
378 Posts
Did it's still available for our gencoupe? where can we buy it?

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
hey tufast. I need some help, ive looked all over the forums and came up with nothing, the WOTbox needs an RPM signal correct? well im installing a turbosmart e-boost street electronic boost controller, and it needs an RPM signal to function the way I want i to, because it can control boost at certain levels of RPM. i need to know where to get a good RPM signal, so far i have read the simply tapping the coils or injectors are a no go for us because out RPM is from the crank angle sensor, how did you get the signal? i dont want to do what another member did with his shift light and tap into a bunch of things that dont work. thanks for the help.
It's been a long time since I did this, but if memory serves me the switch you install for the clutch pedal to press against the pin in order to cut spark.

Bumping old thread cuz mines in the mail!!!!!

hmmm. It seems you have the capacitor wired up to the ground wire where the N2MB switch diagram wants it wired up to the 12v source???? also they have the green wire from the box between the capacitor and the female spade connector.....

Here's the diagram... https://60c6eb2c-a-8d8d997f-s-sites...bg7HlTrZ-hxv01AcOeLe9BRUtqgb8Z&attredirects=0

any reason for the differences in the wiring? or does it not matter?
I wired it up according to SteveJohns input and pics, Mine works just as designed, so I guess it doesn't matter if I wired it this way.

Does this work for automatic? launch control in auto?

Probably not eh?
Not to my knowledge since using the clutch cuts the spark so that shifts can be made etc

Can this be wired for the two step only?
Unnecessary, just disable it when driving by depressing the black button on the box each time you get in. I do this at the same time I turn off my traction control.
But I don't think you car wire it for just one of the other,

just don't hold down the gas pedal during shifts...?
+1

You can turn it off in the software it has. Wiring is still the same.
+1

·
Black Pearl Project
658 Posts
would this work on 3.8?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I know this is pretty much a dead thread. But is anyone able to get a little more specific on how to wire this when cruise control is present?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Just Tap into wire on the clutch switch

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Well yeah I read that, but I wasn't sure how exactly it gets wired up because I haven't gotten a look at what the switch looks like or how it is wired to the car. So is it as simple as taking the clutch wire(green) and tapping or wiring straight into the stock wire going to the clutch switch for the CC? The extra ground isn't needed?

Reactions: MrDestinE

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well yeah I read that, but I wasn't sure how exactly it gets wired up because I haven't gotten a look at what the switch looks like or how it is wired to the car. So is it as simple as taking the clutch wire(green) and tapping or wiring straight into the stock wire going to the clutch switch for the CC? The extra ground isn't needed?

Yupp just tap into it and that's it

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
207 Posts
41 - 60 of 82 Posts