Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
OMG I was thinking about this the other day. I'm def doing this and sticking a grill behind! I didn't think it could look so clean with an exacto knife.

·
特味! 특미 special flavah!
1,307 Posts
I think a lot of people thought about doing this. LOL
Since Luujerr did it first , He's gonna get all the Credit~ ^^
again~GREAT DIY~ ^^

·
特味! 특미 special flavah!
1,307 Posts
here is another option on Custom foglight surround i found on BKmania.~

ignore all the other pictures except on with foglight surrounds~ Just givin you guys another option.

ignore all the other pictures except on with foglight surrounds~ Just givin you guys another option.

·
「まんがをえ&#
2,483 Posts
To make it even with the other side? duhhhh.. lol

Yea I did this cpl of weeks ago, it was kinda messy but no1 ever bend down to look close at it. Plus I'm planning to get new front bumper eventually so doesn't matter.

Very very easy to do, you can do it while having the inserts still on the bumper on the car, just get to a comfort position to spend ur time cutting lol.

·
「まんがをえ&#
2,483 Posts
get a thin sharp blade and ur set lol. Oh and be careful, I flayed a bit of my skin on the middle finger by accident... held it in like a man! haha j/k but it didn't bleed that much since it was still on the top layer.

Do it very slowly so you can get it perfect, I was in a hurry like always and u know the rest.

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Great DIY thanks for the info trying it tom on stock

·
Registered
67 Posts
You sir, have inspired me. I'm going to use the bezels with no chrome, it's time to get rid of my whiskers.
do you have the ones with chrome....? you want to trade with me? I have the black ones... haha

edit: i just realized it's 2 months back... lol. I'm willing to buy yours if you still have them..

·
AMB~1YR
3,073 Posts
This is just the thread I've been searching for. I want to get the KDM chrome accent fog bezels like the OP has. ( I know some people think chrome on a sports car sucks ) I myself like the look of them. I have a question though. I looked at mine and the grill part that is in front of the intercooler is attached to the fog bezels. It's all one peice. So when I install the new ones I guess I won't have a grill anymore or do I have to buy one. IDK guys. Help me out here. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
This is just the thread I've been searching for. I want to get the KDM chrome accent fog bezels like the OP has. ( I know some people think chrome on a sports car sucks ) I myself like the look of them. I have a question though. I looked at mine and the grill part that is in front of the intercooler is attached to the fog bezels. It's all one peice. So when I install the new ones I guess I won't have a grill anymore or do I have to buy one. IDK guys. Help me out here. Thanks.
The foglight bezels will pop right off the center grill part in front of the IC. It's not actually 1 piece. You'll see when you take the bumper off and push the bezel out.

·
Registered
355 Posts
exactly what I did, but I used my dremel and I did get a little melting but I did it at such a slow speed that it all came right off pretty good. Yours does little cleaner though, why didn't you post this about 3 weeks ago?

·
AMB~1YR
3,073 Posts
The foglight bezels will pop right off the center grill part in front of the IC. It's not actually 1 piece. You'll see when you take the bumper off and push the bezel out.
Ya, I feel like a dumbass now. When I looked at it, it was rather dark out and I couldn't see that it fits into a slot, but thanks for the reply.:)

@OP. If and when I get my bezels I am going to do the knife thing too. I just hope I can do as good of a job as you did.:fingersx:

·
Genesis 2.0t R-Spec
132 Posts
Hello, where can you get the black mesh you mentioned?

21 - 40 of 78 Posts