Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

201 - 220 of 600 Posts

·
Moderatar
421 Posts
I just installed my two catch cans. The purple one on the driver side by the headlight is actually mounted without any drilling. There is a peg there that you can mount the bracket on. For the PCV outlet that is 1/2 inches, I had to run to the hardware store and in the plumbing aisle I found a 1/2 inch to 3/8 inch barb.

·
Moderatar
421 Posts
I hear ya. The ones I installed are actually the $20 ebay ones but its just more expensive for us canadians because of the shipping. Works out to about $35 per can after everything.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Anyone getting weird noises during startup after installing the CC? It only happens when starting the car cold. The noise sounds like a lot of air moving and it varries from low to higher pitch until the car gets warm.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,553 Posts
Those are normal noises. I believe it is the throttle open more for the cold start air mix.

FWIW I drained my turbo side can the other day. Got about 30 ml of black thick oil. Very little was in the turbo to IC tube.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Those are normal noises. I believe it is the throttle open more for the cold start air mix.

FWIW I drained my turbo side can the other day. Got about 30 ml of black thick oil. Very little was in the turbo to IC tube.
Yeah that has nothing to do with catch cans. Your car always does that. It is more audible if you have an intake and silencer delete. The car revs slightly until it warms up or you put in reverse/drive. It the car lubricating the turbo and such ;)

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Yeah that has nothing to do with catch cans. Your car always does that. It is more audible if you have an intake and silencer delete. The car revs slightly until it warms up or you put in reverse/drive. It the car lubricating the turbo and such ;)
It's just that I can clearly hear it more with the CC. I guess it's because there's more metal (which also reflects sound). I don't get the same sounds with an intake the stock rubber elbow. Good to know it's not just me getting the sounds.

Just to be sure though, the sound i get sounds like waves.

·
Moderatar
421 Posts
It's just that I can clearly hear it more with the CC. I guess it's because there's more metal (which also reflects sound). I don't get the same sounds with an intake the stock rubber elbow. Good to know it's not just me getting the sounds.

Just to be sure though, the sound i get sounds like waves.
Is it possibly due to the new hoses touching the hood/lift and vibrating? I had to adjust mine a bit so that it wouldn't touch when I closed the hood.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Is it possibly due to the new hoses touching the hood/lift and vibrating? I had to adjust mine a bit so that it wouldn't touch when I closed the hood.
That would be more of a rattling sound not air moving ;)

I have that sound happen so many times after installing different things under the hood, so annoying lol

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Hey what size hose do you need? The dude said he has9mm or like 16mm I think. I would guess 9? Does anyone know quick? I am about to Finnish my order

Sent from my SGH-T959 using AutoGuide App

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,553 Posts
You need two 9 mm for the passenger side. On the drivers side you need one 9mm and one 12 or 13 mm.

What I did is got all 3/8" (~9mm) and used a piece of thin hose over one of the3/8" barbs so the 1/2" would fit properly. This one goes to the drivers side intake connection.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
OK thanks. So the universal one should work if its 9mm? Can't decide between cusco. Ago or greddy

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Ya I would but but I want a nice looking one for the Gen. I may look into eBay for my set can. Are there some decent ones on eBay?

·
Function Over Form
1,222 Posts
I just installed 2 cc and used a bolt on the firewall. It's about middle of the car 6" down from the hood. It has a plastic nut on it. I made a bracket to hold both cc. Perfect fit for the small cc I bought off ebay. I will try and load photos but I'm pretty lazy about things like that so don't count on it.

·
Mar uh bow two point oh
242 Posts
I just ordered two CCs from ebay. All i have to do for the passenger side can with the breather on it is run the hose that went into the intake to the can and cap the intake? does it matter which hose it is?

·
Moderatar
421 Posts
I just ordered two CCs from ebay. All i have to do for the passenger side can with the breather on it is run the hose that went into the intake to the can and cap the intake? does it matter which hose it is?
I know its hard to see but I am at work so this is the best I can do with MS Paint. Yes you are correct. You will want to replace the hose that originally connects from valve cover to the intake:

·
Headlight God
790 Posts
Here is how me and my girlfriend did our set up. We used 3/8'' fuel line hose and 15/32'' CCV hose.

Dan

201 - 220 of 600 Posts