Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

541 - 560 of 600 Posts

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
I know its less than ideal to mount both catch cans on this side...above the hottest part of the engine bay at that, but this is how I am rolling for the next two weeks. I've ran this setup for a few months. It's worked fairly well despite the long hoses and heat, but I need new hardware to delete the clear hoses on the can. They leak a little bit.

Those leak at all? Do they have a gasket on the top opening part?

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Where was it leaking?
I couldnt feel any air streems but the noise was coming from it. Leak noise changed a bit as i ran my fingers thru the hose connections

·
Registered
264 Posts
where are the pics for the how to?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
They probably turned into spiders and went out into the great world wide web. :D

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,978 Posts
Changed oil yesterday and drained my cans. Nothing out of the turbo side and about 2ozs out of the intake side. 4k miles since last done.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I know its less than ideal to mount both catch cans on this side...above the hottest part of the engine bay at that, but this is how I am rolling for the next two weeks. I've ran this setup for a few months. It's worked fairly well despite the long hoses and heat, but I need new hardware to delete the clear hoses on the can. They leak a little bit.

A little off topic, but should you have capped both ends where the recirc hose was?

If so, what does it do or help, to do it that way?

·
Registered
157 Posts
A little off topic, but should you have capped both ends where the recirc hose was?

If so, what does it do or help, to do it that way?
It would be bad news if I capped both ends!
The cap on the valve actually has a slightly smaller hole than the valve itself cut out in it. It just changed the pitch of the sound a little.

Those leak at all? Do they have a gasket on the top opening part?

No leakage from that part. I haven't taken them apart, but it doesn't look like they have a gasket. The only part that leaks a little are the clear plastic hoses on the side to see how full they are. I've been trying to cap them off but I can't seem to find a plug that fits:(.

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Just installed mine this morning! Thanks to projectx7 for the guide and pdf.

·
Registered
375 Posts
question: do both lines have to be kept separate or can they all converge into 1 can? i was thinking about building my own out of pvc and clear acrylic and it would be much easier to make one big one than 2 small ones.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,978 Posts
question: do both lines have to be kept separate or can they all converge into 1 can? i was thinking about building my own out of pvc and clear acrylic and it would be much easier to make one big one than 2 small ones.
2L turbo needs two cans, NA V6 only needs one.

·
Registered
375 Posts
so youre saying they must be kept separated then

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,978 Posts
Yes the intake manifold can will be under pressure at times. The turbo side is never under pressure and must be atmospheric pressure.

·
Registered
375 Posts
ok looks like im making two then. i also wanted to use clear acrylic/polycarbonate for the body for the cool factor and being able to easily see how full they are, is it eventually going to get stained from the liquid or will it last a while?

·
Registered
375 Posts
i figured. guess im just gonna use cpvc or something, its cheaper anyway.

·
HI
191 Posts
Which hose goes into the inlet and outlet on each side?
I got the hoses from the engine going to the inlets of both cans

541 - 560 of 600 Posts