Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 600 Posts

·
特味! 특미 special flavah!
1,307 Posts
use another hose and plug it back to the Intake pipe. That's if you don't want to use the breather and vacuum cap on the piping.

·
Registered
466 Posts
use another hose and plug it back to the Intake pipe. That's if you don't want to use the breather and vacuum cap on the piping.
Wouldn't that let the oil/air mixture go from the engine ->catch can->into the intake? Like in one hose and out the other, since it's just an open canister??

·
特味! 특미 special flavah!
1,307 Posts
well the dirty oil will drip down inside the catch can then just pure air will go back inside the intake pipe.

I used breather and use the vacuum cap on intake pipe, so i don't have to worry about anything going inside the intake .

·
Registered
712 Posts
should i take off the CC and put it back to stock when going to the dealership? do you think they will bltch

i remember they refused to service my car when i left my intake on.

·
Registered
466 Posts
should i take off the CC and put it back to stock when going to the dealership? do you think they will bltch

i remember they refused to service my car when i left my intake on.
That's funny because I took my car to the dealership a while back when I only had an intake and BOV, and they said, "NICE, when are you going to bring some parts for me to put on?" :D But the guy at my dealership drives a modded 240 and is really cool about modding.

·
Registered
712 Posts
its just that they refuse to do any warranty work if there are any aftermarket parts on, but as soon as i put the stock intak back on, they were fine with it.

Thats why im wondering if the CC will make them say the same

·
Registered
466 Posts
its just that they refuse to do any warranty work if there are any aftermarket parts on, but as soon as i put the stock intak back on, they were fine with it.

Thats why im wondering if the CC will make them say the same
I don't see how this would hurt your car in any way, only help it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Opened her up today and installed a short ram intake. The pictures show why one needs a breather and not just a Catch Can.
This is just before the turbo, the black part you see is the OEM turbo inlet tube.

Wiped it clean...

·
特味! 특미 special flavah!
1,307 Posts
YUP~ dude you havn't seen mine before i added 2 Catch can on my gen. NOW my TURBO is SAFE~ ^^

·
特味! 특미 special flavah!
1,307 Posts
Do it like mine. It only cost me about $50 bucks for 2 catch can with breather. A lot cheaper!!!!

·
Registered
712 Posts
my breather filter is leaking mad oil all over my heat shields.....

Is this bad in the long run or just something i can deal with and clean up every once in a while?

·
 ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
1,913 Posts
my breather filter is leaking mad oil all over my heat shields.....<br>
<br>
Is this bad in the long run or just something i can deal with and clean up every once in a while?
I'd rather just get another catch can for that it will be a lot less of a hassel for you to clean up everytime

·
Registered
229 Posts
just wondering.. i couldn't find any heater hose for 3/8 ID.. so i used fuel line hose.. is this safe? will it not be melted by the heat?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thank you!! i thought it may get melted or something since the fuel line hose was softer.. here's how i installed mine.. Only did one for now.. and one more coming for driver side..

Used the hole for the stock intake.. it's the perfect fit..

41 - 60 of 600 Posts