Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

121 - 140 of 600 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,001 Posts
Cause it doesn't like you Will... it just doesn't like anyone anymore...

j/k.
Pic's don't show up for me either, probably the links went bad.

Just so you guys know, I was installing my Injen Cold-side intercooler pipe.. and it was coated with oil and the joints were filled with it.
A catch can is seriously one of the first things you should do. In a few weeks when my mechanic comes back we're going to pull the intercooler and flush it. The throttle plate also has some oil built up on it.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Cause it doesn't like you Will... it just doesn't like anyone anymore...

j/k.
Pic's don't show up for me either, probably the links went bad.

Just so you guys know, I was installing my Injen Cold-side intercooler pipe.. and it was coated with oil and the joints were filled with it.
A catch can is seriously one of the first things you should do. In a few weeks when my mechanic comes back we're going to pull the intercooler and flush it. The throttle plate also has some oil built up on it.
hahah funny some one's got jokes, but quick question doe it matter if i get the same CC for bothsides? i already got the one but after reading this topic a little further im defiently going to get another one for the passenger side. The one i have is an ebay one (of couse) with a screw in the bottom of it i guess for ez cleaning or w/e

·
Super Moderator
13,001 Posts
I have two ebay cans, one for each side and it doesn't seem to matter at all. Just don't put a catch can between your brake booster hose and the intake. Unless you have an A/T in that case you don't have to worry about it at all.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have two ebay cans, one for each side and it doesn't seem to matter at all. Just don't put a catch can between your brake booster hose and the intake. Unless you have an A/T in that case you don't have to worry about it at all.
Well i go the one for right now i was wondering can i go ahead and install that one on the passenger side and just wait for the other one to come in for the driver side or will that f*** something up?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Ok kool i'm going to do the driver side once the other one comes in i will just go ahead and do the passenger side one tomorrow, kinda hard to find this heater hose crap but i'l keep lookin i remember the passegner side i need an 1/2 piece as well as the regular 3/8 pieces.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,557 Posts
I don't know. Mine did not have anything. The problem is two 1/2" hoses side by side is a tight fit on the eBay ones I got. I used a thin piece of 3/8" clear hose that I then slipped the 1/2" hose over on the nipple. I cut the clear hose just long enough to fit over the entire 3/8" nipple.

·
Registered
294 Posts
ok yea i think i got it the only hose that fits that nipple is the 3/8 so by placing the 3/8 on that nipple and sliding it inside the 1/2 its almost as if you have the 1/2 on the nipple instead of the 3/8's right?

·
Registered
294 Posts
ok so looking in the bag i don't see a reducer in here i got everything it seems but i do have some blue looking piece one side is open the other side is closed.... I don't think it even came with one, what size do i need and where would i find something like that? Do i even need a reducer?

·
^not very creative.
2,383 Posts
well since the pics didnt show up my friend and I did it our own way...
got the same catch can, however we just use the blue hose it came with instead of buying heater hose. we plugged the hose on the IM and ran the blue hose from the other one to the catch can which we mounted on an existing hole from the stock intake box (gotta have an aftermarket intake that doesn't have a box for this) then just ran the stock hose we took off from the CC down towards the wall so it goes no where. it's not exactly necessary to have the hose go into the cc and back into the IM so we did it this way... I'll take some pics later and post them up too. it will be easier to follow lol.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
are you talking about the turbo side or the intake manifold side?

on the intake manifold you need to use both lines to run it back into the pcv valve.

As for the turbo side, you dont need to run both lines.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Is heater hose the right product for the application? I've read online that it can't be used if there's any oil/gas as the rubber will basically be eaten away.

·
^not very creative.
2,383 Posts
are you talking about the turbo side or the intake manifold side?

on the intake manifold you need to use both lines to run it back into the pcv valve.

As for the turbo side, you dont need to run both lines.
intake manifold side. we just blocked off the one going into the IM. my friend says it's not necessary since it's just putting fumes back into the IM so we just let them out in the atmosphere. it should be even cleaner.

121 - 140 of 600 Posts