Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
unce unce unce
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I was having the " P2261 - Turbocharger/Supercharger Bypass Valve - Mechanical " ecu error code you get when switching to an aftermarket BOV and running line directly to IM, however mine never through a CEL. But I have found the problem why it was causing this and have found a fix for this issue. Not sure if it's the same for the 2013 as I've never looked at their boost/vacuum solenoids.

PROBLEM: Capping the boost solenoid BPV port with a vacuum nipple cap. This was making the ECU think it's "stuck" closed as it's not getting any response from this port anymore.

FIX: Remove the cap, add a hose to it like normal, but T into the existing vacuum/boost line right under it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've always wanted to say this. Kudos. Just did it tonight. Car is back to the way it should be. P2261 would be unsolved without your DIY!

·
unce unce unce
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've always wanted to say this. Kudos. Just did it tonight. Car is back to the way it should be. P2261 would be unsolved without your DIY!
Thanks! Glad it worked for you man! It worked for me also like a charm. Car is in tip top shape now and boosting how she should!

Kepone said he was having trouble with it working. He said he cleared ECU codes last night and the error code came back twice today. I believe he is having other problems causing his P2261.

·
that guy
1,923 Posts
I don't think this will work for everyone. My setup is also different- cold side BOV, upgraded turbo, different tune, etc.

·
Jack of All Trades
839 Posts
Are you running in Parallel mode?

·
that guy
1,923 Posts
Not sure if that was for me or the other guy. But anyways, I'm unaware of what "parallel" mode is.

:door:

Same here, no idea what parallel mode is either.

·
Jack of All Trades
839 Posts
Not sure if that was for me or the other guy. But anyways, I'm unaware of what "parallel" mode is.

:door:
no it was for you.

Parallel mode is when you are running the BOV into the Intake manifold and avoiding all solenoids and using a block off plate of some sort or not.

I assume since you've showed this fix you are running it into the intake manifold and not from the solenoid.

LOL sorry if i confused you. because im getting this error code as well. BYPASS VALVE *********** ling long (its ok im asian) so im figuring out if i need to reroute my hose from the stock BOV back into the BPV which im kind of using my stock BOV acting as a block off plate. (complicated?)

Can you post a picture of where your stock hose BOV hose attaches to? and how your BOV is hooked up?

thanks!

·
unce unce unce
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no it was for you.

Parallel mode is when you are running the BOV into the Intake manifold and avoiding all solenoids and using a block off plate of some sort or not.

I assume since you've showed this fix you are running it into the intake manifold and not from the solenoid.

LOL sorry if i confused you. because im getting this error code as well. BYPASS VALVE *********** ling long (its ok im asian) so im figuring out if i need to reroute my hose from the stock BOV back into the BPV which im kind of using my stock BOV acting as a block off plate. (complicated?)

Can you post a picture of where your stock hose BOV hose attaches to? and how your BOV is hooked up?

thanks!
Ok you definitely need to remove the stock BPV if you have an aftermarket one. Not sure if the hose is still connected to your stock BPV but if it's not you are def boost leaking. My bov replaced the stock BPV in it's location and vacuum hose that runes to my bov is connected to IM.

BOV in stock location:

BOV line to IM

·
Registered
102 Posts
hey man I'm getting the same code as you but my other vacuum lines on the solenoid are open because I'm running a upgraded turbo and mbc...I tried hooking up directly through the intake manifold and it didn't change...my new bov is making a flutter noise instead of the PSSSSHH noise...I made sure to line the bov correctly when installing in on my turbo...i honestly don't kno
thanks for any input

·
Registered
549 Posts
I installed a synapse bov on the weekend and just got this code, but the kit runs off the stock solenoid location directly to the bov. Anyone else get this code with the synapse kit?

·
unce unce unce
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
how do you like the hks bob down where the stock one is? i have mine on the intercooler pipe.
I did not mind it all there worked great. I have since then installed a TurboXS FMIC and moved the bov to the IC pipe near the TB.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed a synapse bov on the weekend and just got this code, but the kit runs off the stock solenoid location directly to the bov. Anyone else get this code with the synapse kit?
If you didn't have a bov before and we're running the stock re-circulation valve, you probably need a tune. The stock ecu doesn't have a map for a bov because there never was one before. Look into a tune, I had the same issue.

·
Registered
549 Posts
If you didn't have a bov before and we're running the stock re-circulation valve, you probably need a tune. The stock ecu doesn't have a map for a bov because there never was one before. Look into a tune, I had the same issue.
Thanks, a tune is definetly in my plans! I've narrowed my problem down to the rcv solenoid being the culprit, it can't open the synapse fast enough so it throws the code. Running mine off manifold vacuum for now, seems to work okay

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
unce unce unce
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks, a tune is definetly in my plans! I've narrowed my problem down to the rcv solenoid being the culprit, it can't open the synapse fast enough so it throws the code. Running mine off manifold vacuum for now, seems to work okay

You're the first to say the synapse doesn't respond fast enough of the stock solenoid. Did you have both A and B ports connected? If not I advise doing so. Also you do not need a tune for a bov...

·
Registered
549 Posts
You're the first to say the synapse doesn't respond fast enough of the stock solenoid. Did you have both A and B ports connected? If not I advise doing so. Also you do not need a tune for a bov...
I've got both ports connected, I guess my earlier post got mixed up lol. I meant that the solenoid itself isn't responding fast enough, I'll let of the throttle to shift for example and it'll take a good 2 or 3 seconds before the bov gets the signal to open. And yeah a tune's not necessary, hahaha, but would definetly be fun and was one of the first goals I had in mind with my car.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm running my forge bpv valve the same way off the I'M, so I caped the solenoid, I have no cel but boost I feel might b leaking, I'm going to try this fix perhaps will will show improvement? Thanks

·
unce unce unce
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've got both ports connected, I guess my earlier post got mixed up lol. I meant that the solenoid itself isn't responding fast enough, I'll let of the throttle to shift for example and it'll take a good 2 or 3 seconds before the bov gets the signal to open. And yeah a tune's not necessary, hahaha, but would definetly be fun and was one of the first goals I had in mind with my car.

I personally think the stock bov solenoid is garbage lol. I perfer to run the BOV directly to the IM. I always advise doing so.

I'm running my forge bpv valve the same way off the I'M, so I caped the solenoid, I have no cel but boost I feel might b leaking, I'm going to try this fix perhaps will will show improvement? Thanks
It actually doesn't throw a CEL. If you have an OBD2 scanner it'll show up on there.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts