Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Update, installed new BPV today, still got the code after a few pulls, and lost boost again, also when light on the throttle you can hear the BOV hissing like it never has before, usually just hear the turbo spool which still can if your heavy on the gas, so something still isn't right here. I did reset the ecu the other day and this has been the problem since

·
Registered
549 Posts
You say you've gone through 4 sets of plugs this year and still have a misfire? Have you considered checking your spark plug coils to see if that's actually the issue? That would be my next step, and are you still running a Forge bov? From what I understand there are different springs you can buy, maybe you need one rated at a lower psi. I'm just throwing suggestions out there, hope you get everything solved

·
Registered
269 Posts
You say you've gone through 4 sets of plugs this year and still have a misfire? Have you considered checking your spark plug coils to see if that's actually the issue? That would be my next step, and are you still running a Forge bov? From what I understand there are different springs you can buy, maybe you need one rated at a lower psi. I'm just throwing suggestions out there, hope you get everything solved
yeah, we went thru plugs due to a overheating issue so rather replace the one fouled plug, i replaced all 4, now the misfire isn't coming back now. So tonight i took the BOV off again, yes the forge one, with yellow spring, and noticed the piston didn't release when i unscrewed the end, so i pulled it out and it looks dry, yet greased if that makes sense, weird, maybe i didn't use the right grease the other day when i did it? So i put it back together, this time i didn't screw the end on all the way either, got it little tight, left a few threads and went for a drive, did a bunch of passes back and forth no problem, no pending code, so headed home, 3.8 pulled up and got on it so f it, i did too, after that, code is back pending now, back to 5psi.... I'm totally lost.... almost tempted to put the vaccuum back the way it was oem since we never had the issue before and go from there, I'm torn to think ECU, or BOV, cause this didn't start happening until the other day when i pulled the ECU fuse to "relearn" the car with the new mods... but Jay from SFR says it's not the ECU...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Ok so today I was told by jay to put stock BOV on, didn't fix the problem, code came back after about 15 miles, back to square 1, so we now know it's NOT the BOV that was on the car

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,966 Posts
With the stock BOV, where is the vacuum coming from?

Have you checked the BOV solenoid coil resistance?

·
Registered
269 Posts
With the stock BOV, where is the vacuum coming from?

Have you checked the BOV solenoid coil resistance?
yes i checked it the other day and replaced the bov solenoid so it's brand new... Im curious if since we reset the ecu, should we just drive it safe for a few days so it relearns, or replace the bov with a snyapse bov. it's been fine for 30K+ miles, that's why i don't understand how once we reset it, now theres issue

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok so everyone seams to be having this P2261 problem because they are running some sort of after marker BOV or BPV or something. I have a completely stock 2012 Genesis coupe 2.0t and I have the P2261 CEL I pulled off my solenoid cleaned it re installed it but still have the CEL. Car drives fine haven't noticed any performance loss but still have the CELl.Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Bump

·
Donate to my Mod Fund
649 Posts
Ok so everyone seams to be having this P2261 problem because they are running some sort of after marker BOV or BPV or something. I have a completely stock 2012 Genesis coupe 2.0t and I have the P2261 CEL I pulled off my solenoid cleaned it re installed it but still have the CEL. Car drives fine haven't noticed any performance loss but still have the CELl.Any suggestions ?
I know this is late but if your stock BPV isn't working properly it will set off the code.

·
Registered
14 Posts
LOL my 2010 coupe failed DEQ inspection today because of this error code so I thought I'd try this fix. Turns out the previous owner already implemented it so I'm back to square one. I'd really like to get rid of the BOV and go back to stock. The noise is cool and all but I need to register my vehicle and that's way more important. I wonder how much this is gonna cost me?

·
BOOSTORDIE
19 Posts
So two days ago when i was leaving work, my car pulled hard in second from the first red light, then after that it felt gutless. When I got home i ran the code scan on torque and sure enough i had the p2261 code, i cleared it and let it sit over night and it seemed to be driving fine however i decided to go ahead and tee into the lower line just to avoid any future issues. While doing so i disconnected my battery to reset everything, while driving home i noticed boost seemed to build halfway until a certain point then i would get the rest, as opposed to pretty much jumping straight to the max when i stepped on it before. it just feels sluggish all around. could this have to do with the ecu relearning my driving style? is it a boost/ vacuum issue? my bov is venting like its supposed to btw. should i just recap the top solenoid and reset the ecu again? any advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the bypass valve code and did a diy fix and ended up getting surge and ended now with broken turbo. In my case I was using HKS Bov and with bypass although it gave the code it worked great, just the waste gate opening early because im stock and it was doing more psi. So if some one has this error I would say the best thing is just leave it bypassed or just get a reflash and your good to go.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah your setup is Janky and wrong as I figured it would be. You have a few options however.

So you're running the OEM BPV still even though you have an aftermarket BOV. Your OEM BOV is T'd between the WG & compressor housing which is a NO NO. Basically that is the reason you're not making power/boost because all the boost you would be building is just going though the line and opening your BPV.

1. Buy a Bov block off plate, remove the OEM bpv, install block off plate.
2. Remove the T so it's just a straight line from the solenoid port to the wastegate.

That's it. Your car will run and actually boost like it should.

If your HKS BoV was still being run off your OEM bov solenoid Id say to follow what red said up there as that is the OEM way to run the lines however we aren't. The HKS bov blows sack when run off the OEM solenoid. It's too heavy of a valve and doesn't open properly/fully that way.

Leave your hks bov connected like it is and just do those 2 things I said.

FYI, you'll still get the error code mentioned in this thread but it doesn't affect anything. Your car will run and perform just fine.

The error code is basically just telling you something is wrong with the solenoid. It thinks this because there are vacuum caps on the ports which in turn makes the ECU/solenoid think it's "clogged/blocked". This will not cause your car to go into limp mode nor does it affect the motors performance in a negative way.

Hope this helps.
Sorry to bring back a dead thread, but I just want to make sure that I am t-ing off the right vacuum line. Is this diagram below correct?

Thanks,
- Nathan

·
Registered
6 Posts
If anyone can help me I have problem in my car 2.0t 2010 i have this cood p2261 and i change this sensor and its the same problem so if you can help and there is overboost

·
Registered
223 Posts
Got this code when i did the bov bypass. Went back to stock. It went away. Then i added a block off plate and it happened again. just tried this mod. If i get check engine light will update

41 - 60 of 75 Posts