Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Sorry if this is posted elsewhere but found a youtube video where a guy did a similar process and got his wheel caps off. The wheels are pretty easy to scuff so this methods pops off the caps within seconds and doesn't damage your wheel.

What I did was used a roll of 1 inch gorilla tape and folded part of it so it made a handle. Attach the tape to the wheel cap after cleaning it off and make sure it is firmly attached. Then quickly pull straight out and off comes the wheel cap. Easy as that. The same piece of tape can be reapplied to another wheel but only one more for me so 2 pieces of 5-6 inch gorilla tape for all 4 wheel caps isn't too bad! Here is a pic of what I am talking about.

·
Slammeddddd
465 Posts
Smart idea! Thanks for sharing! :) I gotta try this later

·
Zosyn who?
1,745 Posts
like a boss!

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
I was told to try this, im happy to see it works

·
12 Posts
Where did you get the wing caps from? And is it as easy as just popping it back in the wheel?

·
Insert Klever Title Here
1,733 Posts
Where did you get the wing caps from? And is it as easy as just popping it back in the wheel?
Autocityimports.com has them for pretty cheap. If they pop out that easy, I'm pretty damn sure they pop back in just as simply.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I totally missed this post! I forget which website I ordered it through and I can't seem to find it in my email. They basically looked like this tho:

2013 Genesis Coupe 18" Wheels Wing Wheel Cap Emblem Set 4pc | eBay

I took off the stock ones with the tape and then stuck these on with the adhesive back that is included. I heated it up and held pressure with a leather utility glove. They look great still.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts