Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we go,

This would seem like second nature but due to Popular demand I'm creating a DIY for this.

What you will need:Your hand, a gencoupe.
Time to completion:~30 seconds
Level of difficulty:Crippled 5 year old

Here's the problem a lot of us seem to have in this long-doored coupe.

But what's this down here?

Grab & pull the strap to disengage the magnet

Hook the seatbelt in the strap like so

Then simply re-attach the magnet on the strap to the base of the seat.

And voila! Your impossibly far seatbelt is now within reach.

*Bonus Round*
Here's the easiest foolproof method of putting on your seatbelt:

Take your right arm and reach across your chest, behind your shoulder and firmly grasp the seatbelt, like so:

Now pull it across and trade with your left hand, pull slack in the desired places right your right, and then click the belt into the anchor by your right thigh using your left hand.

There! Now even the shortest member of our community should have no issues operating the seatbelts in our coupes. (frame of reference, I'm 5'7")

Final Disclaimer
-I'm sorry for the dirty coupe, it's winter here and the salt wreaks havoc on our interiors, at least the outside is clean :D
-I blocked my face not of anonymity, but because I currently resemble a deranged walrus as I'm unshaven and desperately need a haircut

And lastly, my photos demonstrating how to use the seatbelt are very poor quality, I suggest we petition one of the women of the site to model it properly, possibly in a bikini.

Thank you all for your time and safe driving! :D

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
This is much needed thread and DIY thanks LoLz

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this DIY i can do!
*sniff* Nothing makes me more proud than seeing other members using my DIY to better their rides. It's beautiful:eek:

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
-1 on super dirty car!
+1 on cute bikini seatbelt model!
+1 on quite possibly the most common sense DIY ever thought of! lol
tally puts you at +1:D

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey! Just the inside is dirty, I hand washed and shammy dried it today

The advantage of indoor parking, full-access wash bay! :D
I just don't have anything to clean the interior atm, so when spring hits I'm gonna send it out for an interior detail

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Neat! I didn't even notice the magnet was there, but I don't have problem reaching for the belt anyway. Thanks for the heads up though.

·
Registered
333 Posts
heheh this is awesome. But reaching over with your right and with the door open is a lot easier. Can we get a option 2 photo with the door closed?

Critique is the key to perfection.

Tnx

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol, the door is open so that nobody sees the tint that's peeling, I have to get it fixed, just haven't had the time :(

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Umm, moderators, how the hell did this get moved to australia? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I think you should redo it without the blacked out photos, but you should do the duck face in all of them

Yeah the all the DIYs are being kept in the Australia section until we get a dedicated sub forum for them.

·
It is not red. Not red..
5,706 Posts
Australia FTW!

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
Awesome & most needed DIY, thank you so very much.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Also if that is still to far you can stick the seat belt in between the head rest and the seat. I mainly do this to keep the seat belt from hitting the trim when i take it off.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts